Personalize your Garmin's start-up screen with an electronic ID tag

Clomp

FNG
Stumbled across this on the internet. Turns out that there's a way to have your name, location, phone number, and email address appear for approximately 10 seconds when your Garmin handheld GPS first boots up. The process involves editing a text file and it's easy to do. I made the necessary changes in just a few minutes yesterday on my Garmin Rino.

I'm really glad that it's possible to have an electronic ID tag appear when the unit boots up. I was about ready to epoxy small engraved tags showing my cell phone number onto my two Rinos, in an effort to help honest folks (who might stumble across an expensive GPS) do the right thing. If someone is dishonest, no amount of property ID tags will make any difference.

Here's the link: Access Denied

Clomp

sdfuller

Lil-Rokslider
I stumbled upon this going browsing through my gps when I first got it. Definitely a smart thing to do!

Putting your info on the outside isn't a bad idea though. S someone may find it and the batteries are dead or they don't have a way of charging it

xziang

WKR
I believe there is an option for startup screen message like previously mentioned. I know on my 60csx and I also believe on the 62 I have something similar. Mine says Reward if found Please call XXX XXX XXXX and I believe my name.