Garmin rino texting?

Can I get some feedback on the rino ability to text unit to unit.

Is it sent via satellite or somehow connected to the radio? I need it to be bombproof in steep mountains.

I need to decide on using 2 rino's for our hunting party or 2 Delorme inreach with alternative GPS.

ghost338

FNG
Can I get some feedback on the rino ability to text unit to unit.

Is it sent via satellite or somehow connected to the radio? I need it to be bombproof in steep mountains.

I need to decide on using 2 rino's for our hunting party or 2 Delorme inreach with alternative GPS.
The Rinos text via radio frequency. So the ability to talk or text is only as good as the power of the unit. I've found that texts work well and quickly... when they work. Too far apart, not going to work. Too much stuff blocking the radio frequency, not going to work. Need the message to be secure? No guarantee of that over an open frequency. Don't want others to know your location? No guarantee of that either.

Bombproof is not a word I would use. I think satellite with one of the higher level paid subscriptions without the communication delays would be more reliable.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

dotman

WKR
Skip the rino if you want to text, get an Inreach and use an unlimited plan, much easier and consistent but you both would have to have one.