Battery options Garmin Oregon 600t

fishslap

WKR
I'm making some final decisions before a 9 day muzzleloader hunt. Does anyone know if it would be better to take a few sets of lithium batteries for a garmin Oregon 600t or one backup set and mainly use the rechargeable pack? My power source for recharging would be an anker 13000. I figure I'll only need to charge my phone a few times if I limit use and keep it on airplane, so I should only need half of its capacity but I'm not sure if that's enough for a gps charge. I'm thinking extra lithium might be best. That's what I normally use. I'd need to order the rechargeable pack and cable. Thanks.

aron

WKR
Do you plan to leave your gps on all day when your hunting? If I leave my Garmin 450 Oregon on, I can get about 2 full days hunting on lithium batteries. I typically don't leave it on all day. If you do leave it on, make sure to lock your screen. I came back one night with a shit load of way points that were unintentionally saved one day.

OP
F

fishslap

WKR
Depends, I either leave it on part of the time or off the whole day. Rarely do I leave it on from sunup to sundown but I have. I think I also get about two days when its on all day. I'll probably try to leave it off most of the day depending on the type of terrain I hunt. Its a somewhat new area I'm hunting but its right next to other areas I know well, but I've only scouted this one once. Anyway, thanks for the input. I'll probably put one set of lithiums in and take two more. I think I have it set for power save where the screen will go off and locks but still track.