InReach/text questions

MtnHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Just tried out the InReach Explorer+ during elk opening weekend. With my phone on airplane mode, it lasted about 4 days, and the InReach was down to 20% battery in about the same amount of time (I wouldn't go below 20% in case you need to contact emergency personnel). I was also tracking my routes the whole time, and turned the device off at night. If going in for more than 4 days, I'd bring some extra battery chargers. So far my experience with the Earthmate app has been great. Looking forward to getting more used to it and seeing all the functionality of the app/InReach as time goes on!

aklogan

FNG
Just tried out the InReach Explorer+ during elk opening weekend. With my phone on airplane mode, it lasted about 4 days, and the InReach was down to 20% battery in about the same amount of time (I wouldn't go below 20% in case you need to contact emergency personnel). I was also tracking my routes the whole time, and turned the device off at night. If going in for more than 4 days, I'd bring some extra battery chargers. So far my experience with the Earthmate app has been great. Looking forward to getting more used to it and seeing all the functionality of the app/InReach as time goes on!

If you're base camp hunting what I do is not track during hunting days and just inform the wife I will be in a 5 mile radius of this area and send out text messages every few hours so she gets a new location update. Saves the battery big time.