Mapping Software

For 10+ years I used AllTopo Maps software from IGage. Their customer support was second to none - replaced 7 scratched disks for me for free over the years at no cost - not even shipping. Kudos to them.

I am looking for another program to use. They do not make the topo map software anymore. I really liked having all the topos of CO with me at all times with no reliance on internet access. Has been a lifesaver more than once. But, since their software is not supported anymore, many new GPS units will not interface with the old software.

What programs have folks been using, preferably on CDs or USB flash drives, for remote map access? I like the ability to sit at camp and download my GPS into a computer-based program and make plans for upcoming hunts, sometimes in an area miles away and not on a map I have handy. I want to have access to all Colorado topo maps without internet access and ability to download GPS waypoints.

I tried OnX maps - but didn't really fit what I wanted and needed to do (though land ownership info was helpful at times).

Thanks for any advice!