InReach Update

muddydogs

WKR
Be aware that there is an Update for the inreach sync program, inreach unit and the Earthmate app. The Earthmate app update kind of simplifies uploading maps by giving you the option of using a way point or region to select the map area.

I'm not sure if this is a function of one of the updates or Garmin's screw up and shutting down of my Hunt Edition but I noticed that previously downloaded imagery kind of had a white haze over it, when I went to the get map tab it showed I could download imagery as well as other maps for the area in question. I told the app to download the file and when I checked the imagery the pics were nice and clear again. So I'm not sure if they updated the imagery and maps or what but I ended up reloading all my map stuff.

I am kind of pissed at Garmin right now, about 2 weeks ago I got a warning on my phone when starting Earthmate saying the Hunt Edition was going to expire Aug 28 which I thought was funny because the web site says Nov 30 but it shouldn't matter because I have auto renewal. I call Garmin and they told me that the date was Aug 28 and they would look into the matter with the web site and auto renewal. So yesterday the 29th I get on my phone app, get the same warning and sure enough I no longer have the hunt addition part of the app on my phone, check my tablet to find the same. Call Garmin and get the run around about how there looking into it, created a ticket as well as other BS. A couple hours latter I get an email invoice for the Hunt Edition so maybe there getting it handled, I did a sync this morning on my phone and still no hunt edition so will see.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
Ive been haveing a huge problem with battery drain on my android since the April update. I just went and looked at the newest update amd it says improved maps and some battery fixes with this update. Hope it works without killing my battery in 4 hrs. It constantly would run in the background even after a force close. It wasn't searching for signal, that would make since on killing the battery. I'm at home with more signal then I know what to do with. Thanks for the heads up on the update.

OP
M

muddydogs

WKR
I can't say as I still don't have the hunt addition back on my phone. I would think if anything its just updated version.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
So far so good with the battery. Hunting maps don't show up on mine either, I just purcahsed the hunting edition 2 months ago and all was good with the map.

OP
M

muddydogs

WKR
So far so good with the battery. Hunting maps don't show up on mine either, I just purcahsed the hunting edition 2 months ago and all was good with the map.

Have you checked to see if you can download them? I'm thinking that they updated some maps as I ended up re downloading all my stuff to get rid of the white hazy images.

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
I looked and re downloaded most of my maps, but there are no sub sections that says hunting maps like in the past. I can't find a map that has the land ownership like previous versions. I do like the looks of the news maps.

OP
M

muddydogs

WKR
I was told to uninstall the app then re install it on my phone, last time I did this it wiped out all my maps as I left the SD card in the phone. I'll try the reinstall tonight after removing my SD card in hope that my maps will still be usable and I won't have to do them over again.

I'll let you know what happens.

OP
M

muddydogs

WKR
So I pulled my SD card and did the reinstall deal which did put the Hunt addition back on my phone and the same with the tablet. It seemed that the program didn't recognize that I had maps and photo's loaded even thow they showed up on the screen and by name under there listing but I just reloaded them again anyway and now all seems fine.

dotman

WKR
Anyone else having a problem just getting their unit to sync? I can't get my unit to sync from both ways, directly connected to USB or over the phone Bluetooth paired. The unit works fine but it isn't allowing me to add my updated contacts which I guess doesn't matter as long as I use my phones contacts.

weaver

WKR
Just updated mine last night without any issues. I have an early version orange model. Synced with my laptop without a problem.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

Mischief209

Lil-Rokslider
I had a slight problem with syncing to computer. My problems was I was going to explorer.delorme.com Then I searched around and it went to inreach.Garmin.com once I was there it was all good.