Earthmate Hunt app

84toyota

Lil-Rokslider
So I just purchased a Garmin Inreach Explorer+. I'm currently walking through the setup process. I've downloaded the free Earthmate app to my iPhone. What is really confusing me is where do you get this Earthmate Hunt app? If I understand correctly, you have to pay a yearly fee for the Hunt app... Where do you do that? All I see in the App Store is the free "Earthmate - GPS for Outdoor or Hunting". When I open the app, I can download Topo North America, OpenStreetMap, USGS Quads, Color imagery, and Digital Atlas of the Earth - but I don't see parcels, Hunt units, etc. I feel like I'm missing a puzzle piece here with trying to get Earthmate Hunt on my phone. At what point, or where do you go to pay for it?

OP
84toyota

84toyota

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks Muddydogs! I see it now! I guess I totally skipped over that section when setting things up. In your opinion, is it worth the $40 a year?

muddydogs

WKR
First off when I subscribed the first year was $40 and each year thereafter they have charged me $20, not sure if this is still the deal or not as the web site doesn't spell it out and never really did.

Can you see Public Lands when you look at your map list? When I purchased the app I am sure I did it to get the public land maps but I have heard mixed info saying that the free app now has public lands.

The Parcels map gives you some landowner names, not all put some at least in the areas I hunt and the Parcels Map shows land ownership by color code. Public Lands map shows the same ownership color code as the Parcels map but without the land owner names. Maybe I paid for the app to get the Parcels map but I don't remember.

The hunt unit boundary is nice to have when you are trying to download maps for the hunting unit. I use the boundary line as a referance to make sure I have all the photo's for the unit.

Can you see a listing for the Hybrid map on your phone? Its at the bottom of the list, might have to scroll down. The Hybrid map puts creeks, road lines, and topo lines over the photos which can sometimes be very handy and other times a bit in the way.

I would say for $20 a year its definitely worth it and at $40 a year its still probably worth it if for nothing else the hunt unit boundaries.