InReach Not Synching

wjohnson1983

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a used InReach off of ebay. The device powers on and charges through a USB cable connected to a computer. Did a factory reset on the device and activated a service plan on the garmin website.

I'm trying to synch for my contacts and firmware updates. Their synch tool says "Device not Found" So far the troubleshooting steps are a joke. Does anyone here have any insight or seen this problem before?

Windows 10

OP
W

wjohnson1983

Lil-Rokslider
Trying to synch with the cable through the computer.

I do have the Earthmate App on my iphone, but I have not paired the phone and GPS yet.

colonel00

WKR
May also need to have a clear view of the sky to receive a signal. It's been a while since I activated mine but I seem to remember something like that too.

Does your computer recognize it when you plug it in as a USB device (make that connection sound) or say it is installing drivers for it?

OP
W

wjohnson1983

Lil-Rokslider
Got it figured out.

They guy I bought it from lost the original USB cable and shipped it with a different one. It must have been charge only capabilities.

Finally found a cord that is capable of data transfer and the firmware is currently updating.