Garmin Fenix - Post your tips and tricks

I didn't realize this. Just set the alarm to try it out. It isn't loud at all
lol
I hear the vibration almost as much.
lol

sneaky

"DADDY"
I've got a 5x on the way, pretty stoked to get it before serious hiking commences

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I've got a 5x on the way, pretty stoked to get it before serious hiking commences

it's great for informing you
I Have used the tracking a little, but won't use it in hunting, as it will drain battery more than the value it gives.
I will mark camp, truck and kill shot though for back up

I am trying to figure out the weather radar app but I can't seem to get it to work I think that would be a great tool on this watch for being out in the mountain and seeing real-time a radar picture of weather coming in

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I won't use the gps except for marking waypoints, but at least i can get my step count up lol.

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
So, I obviously haven't looked into this too hard and I'm sure there's an answer over at the Garmin forums somewhere but, what's the easiest way to navigate back to a marked point?

I've used the quick feature to mark my location several times but I haven't found a good way or app to navigate back to a point. Usually I just have the map screen up and I can see where the point is. However, isn't there some way to actually have a heading arrow and bearings and such?

sneaky

"DADDY"
So, I obviously haven't looked into this too hard and I'm sure there's an answer over at the Garmin forums somewhere but, what's the easiest way to navigate back to a marked point?

I've used the quick feature to mark my location several times but I haven't found a good way or app to navigate back to a point. Usually I just have the map screen up and I can see where the point is. However, isn't there some way to actually have a heading arrow and bearings and such?
Are you talking about using the TracBack setting?

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
I'm just talking about when you save a location. On my setup, I long-press the Light button and the quick menu comes up with 8 different things like BT, sync, Do not Disturb, Lock keys, Save Location, etc. If you save your location you can name it and set an icon and all of that fun stuff. I know I can go into the Navigation app and select a saved location to navigate to but it doesn't really provide much guidance other than just having a map on the screen.

I think TracBack is a bit different.

Basically, let's say you have camp setup and you mark that location. Three days later you get turned around in the dark and you want to use the watch to get you back to that saved location.

I use the way point to Get close and find familiar land marks from there

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP
colonel00

colonel00

WKR
Ok, but how do you find the way point? Are you using the Navigate app or some other app? That's what I'm trying to get to I guess. The watch has a very simple feature that lets you mark points. I'm just not finding a simple way to get to those points.

For instance, on a regular GPS, if you have a point you are trying to get to, it will give you some sort of directional arrow, maybe a bearing, a line to follow, etc.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Anyone notice the Kuiu and Badlands watch Faces they have on the connect IQ site. =-) downloaded both today. Ive been learning this watch backwards and forwards finally understand alot of how the menu setup works and adjusting settings. This watch is so off the hook customizable. Its amazing. I used the Bike Map for Navigating Streets and it worked perfectly. Also figured out Birdseye and loaded my area up with it. Looks decent but definitely hard to see things on screen that is this small. Still very stoked about this watch/gps. Its an amazing little piece of technology.

Ok, but how do you find the way point? Are you using the Navigate app or some other app? That's what I'm trying to get to I guess. The watch has a very simple feature that lets you mark points. I'm just not finding a simple way to get to those points.

For instance, on a regular GPS, if you have a point you are trying to get to, it will give you some sort of directional arrow, maybe a bearing, a line to follow, etc.

All my map features utilize the "arrow" type location indicator.
Once I move enough the arrow lets me know the direction I am heading.