Source for UTM gridded maps?

corylee4870

Lil-Rokslider
What are you guys using?

I found caltopo.com and I can just print that on waterproof paper or laminate it. Is there anything better?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Banned
OP
C

corylee4870

Lil-Rokslider
That’s what I was looking for. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KNPV PSD

Lil-Rokslider
Be advised with Mytopo they overlaid the UTM lines over the lat/long grid when I ordered from them. Lines all over the place and map is basically useless. I did not see that I had to select UTM only, just wanted to warn you to be careful at checkout.

odin0226

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone know where to order MGRS? I've been using UTM which is almost identical , and usable but I just prefer the latter.

greentimber

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve been ordering MGRS maps from mytopo.com for many years. I’ve never gotten one with lat/long lines under the MGRS. Mine have always been perfect. You can see a full-detail preview picture of your map exactly as it will be printed before you checkout. They have a UTM option as well. Always great maps and pretty quick shipping.

odin0226

Lil-Rokslider
I must have missed the option in the details with mytopo.com, thats who I use as well.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
TTT

I'm also looking for a good UTM printed map source. I went to MyTopo and think I figured out the UTM option, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the map size to fit the CO GMUs. I guess I could get two maps, but I went searching for a map that is designed for a hunter and found DIYHuntingMaps.com, but they don't offer UTM grids. Any suggestions other than multipile MyTopo maps?

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
TTT

I'm also looking for a good UTM printed map source. I went to MyTopo and think I figured out the UTM option, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the map size to fit the CO GMUs. I guess I could get two maps, but I went searching for a map that is designed for a hunter and found DIYHuntingMaps.com, but they don't offer UTM grids. Any suggestions other than multipile MyTopo maps?

Anyone?

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
You may have answered your own question...
I was hoping for a better answer.... I ended up purchasing the DIYHunting maps for the particular unit for research, but I guess I can get a few from mytopo and cut and paste....

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Tberg

Lil-Rokslider
www.gameplannermaps.com has done UTM grids on my maps. When I called he said he could do any grid I wanted. Pretty easy to order a map to, just call him and tell him what you want. IMO they are the best for a true hunting map.

Last edited:

Elky_man

FNG
I use the natgeo trails illustrated maps for a lot of what I need but they area specific to areas unless you buy the state digital and and print your own. I also have a huntdata map and it’s great and they are great to deal with if you call them they’ll custom make you what ever you want on waterproof and tear proof material.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk