Mountain goat trail cam (rutting goats and winter goats on camera)!

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Well they don't currently make a C battery model. Looks like all current models take AAs. Hmmmm I don't know if I want to risk the little batteries.

OP
shanevg

shanevg

WKR
Soutie is right. Mine does take C batteries. I have one that takes AA as well and the battery life is still very good but the picture quality is definitely not the same. It's very possible the picture quality has been improved on their newer cameras.

My AA battery model is going on 18 months with the same batteries.

outdoor hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Great pictures. I live in marysville wa about an hour south of you. Where about in the baker wilderness did you set up your camera

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Soutie is right. Mine does take C batteries. I have one that takes AA as well and the battery life is still very good but the picture quality is definitely not the same. It's very possible the picture quality has been improved on their newer cameras.

My AA battery model is going on 18 months with the same batteries.

Shane, you don't see picture qulaity like that from many trailcams, especially around $100. I would definitely want pics up to the standards of those you posted. I wonder if there is a current version of yours with the AAs. I might give the company a call.

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
Very cool pics. Neat to see the intimate group behavior.
Keep 'em coming!

radman

FNG
Man...I think these might be some of the coolest trail cam pics I've ever seen! My grandfather killed a Billy and one is definitely on my bucket list! Thanks for sharing my friend!

Mossy1

FNG
Nothing like being right in their bedroom! Excellent trail cam pics for sure. Neat animals and very tough for their size.

That is truly awesome. Not many people make it into goat country, and I can't think of anyone getting trailcam pics, and skiing up on the hill to get them. You are hard core.

crazy_davey

Lil-Rokslider
Well they don't currently make a C battery model. Looks like all current models take AAs. Hmmmm I don't know if I want to risk the little batteries.

Buy the right batteries and don't worry about it. My camera stays out year round using 6 AA Energizer Lithiums and never had an issue in the past three or so years and lots of times temps down to -30 Celsius (-22 Fahrenheit). My camera has taken 3-4000 pictures a year and I only change the batteries once a year and they still have life left in them when I change them. The camera is a Bushnell Trophy cam, plain model(no screen etc.)

I wont hijack the thread anymore but if you would like to see the quality of the pics send me a PM. I would say they are the same quality of the pics the OP posted or close to it depending on the lighting and set up.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Crazy Davey,

Since I posted in this thread last year, I actually picked up some Bushnell Trophy Cam HDs. They seem pretty nice.