Trail cameras used for security systems

530Chukar

WKR
Has anyone used one of the wireless trail camera as a stand-alone security system? I have a rural cabin that is off the grid but part of a small subdivision. There have been quite a few break ins recently so I’m trying to come up with a security system that will alert me when someone comes up to the gate or to he cabin. I have solar power but the in the winter there isn’t enough sunlight and battery backup to keep anything running. It seems like one of the Ring motion cameras would be ideal for this use but without . Power in the winter WiFi isn’t an option for that time of year. I would think the next best option would be one of the wireless trail cameras. There is some cell service here so that may work. Has anyone used the wireless trail cams for a purpose like this with success or any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

svivian

WKR
I don't see why it wouldn't work as long as you have phone service(LTE or 4G). If it was me I would put the wireless on the gate or drive so you can identify the car and liscense plate. This would also notify you if someone showed up and that you needed to check it out. I would also buy a second non wireless(for cost reasons) and hide it facing the front door or most accessible way into the cabin and set it to video. This way you could see what they were doing. Now if they vandalize you have proof as well as identification.

lacseul

FNG
I use the Coverts for my shop area that has no power near by - they have ATT and Verizon cams. The newer models are pretty good on batteries and can be set to start pics at say 6pm thru 6am (thats how I programmed mine to save on battery) $20 buck a month per cam. They've been pretty helpful with customer service as well.
You'll want to put up higher and also get a bear box to lag in. Throw out the lock that comes with it and get a bigger one I lost one (stolen) they zipped right thru the little lock. Also use the pass code on startup if they are stolen they would be unusable.

xziang

WKR

Titan

WKR
I picked up a spypoint link evo on amazon for about $200. The first month of photos is unlimited for free. After that you get 100 per month free and anything above that is minimal ($5 I think for 250). It has worked great so far.

I am using it as a security camera in our house we are building. Lost a few things already so finally put up a camera.

AndyB

WKR
Not used a wireless camera but I caught this perve on a regular spypoint. I also caught another joker stealing timber from a beach hut I was building, which he paid up for.

Access Denied

Game cameras that are equipped with no-glow flash mechanisms are excellent to use as security cameras around your home or business too. Many people have solved vandalism and burglary problems by using these trail cameras with an undetectable flash.
Despite the fact that you cannot see this type of game camera flash it still allows you to take high-quality nighttime photos. They will be limited to black and white photos only though. Another drawback with this type of trail camera flash is it adds some extra expense to game cameras that use this flash technology.

I love hunting, and I do love hunting with game cameras .

I start to use WingHome 350c trail camera since last year. And it works well till now, and I think it is the best cam I've ever used.

Trigger speed is good, the trigger time is 0.4s, so that it won't a single movement of passing by animals, besides, the battery life is good so far (8 months on the same set of batteries taking over 1000 pictures) and easy to use.

While in off seasons, I usually just put it around my yard and help me to guard my home.

So I must say that it is reasonable to use WingHome trail camera for home security.

Attachments

• ir-night-vision-photo.jpg
    ir-night-vision-photo.jpg
    323.6 KB · Views: 9