Garmin Refurbished Explorer-Think It's Ok?

Dart368

FNG
I'm looking to buy a Garmin Explorer Inreach soon. They have them on eBay for $373 but it is a refurbished item. The listing says it comes from Garmin and has a one-year warranty from Garmin. It is a bulk dealer so in the listing it states the item could have been damaged and repaired, or it might have some type of defect, I'm assuming they mean cosmetically as it does come with the warranty. It also comes with all the accessories that was in the original box however it may not be in the original packaging.

I see these things everywhere for $450 plus shipping and possibly tax. The above item includes shipping so there is a significant savings. The only thing I'm concerned of is the fact that it is refurbished. Has anyone ever bought a refurbished item and found it it worked just like brand new?

Is there any other place I could check to get this item for under $450 new? I have been searching the classifieds on various forums with no luck. I asked REI and they said they have no idea if and when they will go on sale. Sportsman's Warehouse said they usually have a sale in the spring but they can't guarantee that this particular item will be on sale. Any help is appreciated.

Kgiudici

FNG
I was looking at those and wondering the same thing. What was the answer you found ?