Feedback on Bushnell and Stealth Cam trail cams

AKironhead

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at getting some trail cams. I get stealth cam and bushnell pro deal pricing. Are they good to go or am I better off looking at something else? Any recommendations on specific models or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I've had good luck with the Bushnell Trophy cam series. I have one of the brown 8mp trophy cams, and a newer 12mp trophy cam essential e2. Both work well for me. I ran a cheaper stealth cam p12 on some public land last year and it seemed to work pretty well. Pictures were definitely acceptable and the battery life was great. I recently picked up a p14 on sale, but haven't had it out yet.

The biggest thing with any trail cam is you need to mount it properly. I avoid setting them up facing east or west as you are guaranteed to have blown out photos at sunrise/sunset. I also try not to set them up with a bunch of goldenrod or blackberry briars right in front of the camera, as they will set the camera off when they blow in the wind.

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
I just got a stealth cam trail hawk 36ngk. A buddy of mine was at a dealer show and picked up a few at a good price. So far it's awful. I actually called stealth cam because I thought it had to be defective. Tracks all over right it front of it. Not one picture of game. And I mean within 5 feet of the cam. The only time it would take a pic was when I bent down right in front of it to pull the card....it'd snap a close up of my mug. The rep I called told me how to 'reset' it. (Format card and take the batteries out...). I then set it up in my kitchen to monitor family movements. It did seem to work, albeit the pictures were awful quality. Also the display looks like a 1990s digital alarm clock, tiny buttons (only 3 but still manage to hit the wrong one...).

I have 5 browning cameras and 2 moultrie. Brownings are great. Moultrie is ok. Lesson learned.

RumLover

FNG
For perspective, I own Reconyx, Cuddeback, Moultree, Busnell (regular and cellular), and Wildgame Innovations.

For the bushnells, they are good for the money. I have two cellular versions that work well and the batteries last long. The regular bushnell trophycams take really good day time pics, the nighttime are above average. The picture quality isn't up to Reconyx, but it's good enough. The stealth cams are ok, but I've seen too many blurry night time images from my friend in Nebraska to not buy one.

Cornbore

FNG
I would go with bushnells the stealths I have seem finicky. I got a stealth as a gift and I am still trying to get it working properly. The bushnell I have had for several years still working well and easy setup.

bejayze

FNG
I have a Bushnell E2, and for the price I paid at the time, it has been one of my favorite cameras. Throws a lot of light out on night pictures.

johnw

FNG
I have had positive experiences with the Stealthcam G Series. Easy to get up and running, dont seem to eat batteries, gets quality pictures.

I have a few of the trailhawk cameras from Stealthcam and they are difficult to program compared to some of the other G Series.

I run only moultries, happy so far. Have had a few bushnells that were ok. Would not get a stealth based on what I’ve heard. Had many wildgame cameras over the years, the first one I ever bought was good and the rest total junk after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Decker9

WKR
Stealthcam sent me one of their DS4K cams to test out, pretty happy878C75B8-8780-4B7F-BF2D-F700CE46C065.jpeg with it. Has lots of options for programming it, I can’t get a video to load, but the 4K video quality is pretty impressive.