Favorite map company (paper not digital)

Mk7mmSTW

WKR
Looking to get a nice wilderness map for CO and WY that has trails, topo, etc. wondering what everyone likes, there was a awesome company at the SLC trade show that I can’t remember the name for the life of me that printed it on a canvas type of material.

Reload

Lil-Rokslider
I like the waterproof paper version found at Mytopo.com. They also have a hybrid aerial/topo version that is a sweet setup. Good luck in your quest

sneaky

"DADDY"
Rugged Maps is the one you are most likely thinking of. They'll do custom maps as well

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I like the waterproof paper version found at Mytopo.com. They also have a hybrid aerial/topo version that is a sweet setup. Good luck in your quest
This has been my go to every year now since I discovered them a few years ago. I just checked out Rugged Maps, and found it surprising that they have USGS maps for every state in the US including Washington D.C., but they don't have one for AK. Guess I'll just stick with Mytopo.

Last edited:

sneaky

"DADDY"
This has been my go to every year now since I discovered them a few years ago. I just checked out Rugged Maps, and found it surprising that they have USGS maps for every state in the US including Washington D.C., but they don't have one for AK. Guess I'll just stick with Mytopo.
If you contact them they'll do one for you, pretty sure he will at least. I like that you can get a map done with whatever contour interval you choose as well as different "layers" so to speak. I've never checked out the MyTopo stuff though. I'll have to give them a look as well.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

COOTER

FNG
Looking to get a nice wilderness map for CO and WY that has trails, topo, etc. wondering what everyone likes, there was a awesome company at the SLC trade show that I can’t remember the name for the life of me that printed it on a canvas type of material.

I used MYtopo for a CO muzzy elk hunt. You can create your own topo map. They have different levels, from straight USGS quads to topos with aerial imagery. What's nice is you actually can select your area. In the past, I may have been hunting an area that would require multiple maps to cover the ground I was hunting. What a PIA. The maps are heavy duty paper and water proof.

Grundy53

WKR
I bought a couple of maps last year from Rugged Maps. I love them and would definitely recommend them.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

mvmnts

WKR
Caltopo, print to 11x13. Send them to fedex office. Get the lightest paper, in color. Trim edges off, fold in half, and put in gallon ziplock bag "map case".