Ravpower 32000

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
Have any of you tried this battery pack? If so what are your thoughts on using it in the backcountry? I realize there are later options that's not what I'm interested in, I just want to know how well it works. This will be used for multiple guys power source so the weight will be divided.
Portable Charger RAVPower Ace Series 32000mAh 6A Output Power Bank External Battery Pack (3-Port, 2.4A Input, Triple iSmart 2.0 USB, High-density Li-polymer Battery)

Live2hunt custom shelters
I did acquire one of these a few wks back.
Haven't used it yet
But ist little brothers did great shoo I'm excited to drop one of them and just carry one

It took 2 days to fully charge which in ok with
It was half full, and charges slowly so all cells should be equally bumped, and hopefully discharge equally too

I believe it is a little heavier than the dark energy, but at 3 times the capacity, I'm ok with that.

This stays at camp
I will carry a very small one in day pack, in case phone goes dead

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
I did acquire one of these a few wks back.
Haven't used it yet
But ist little brothers did great shoo I'm excited to drop one of them and just carry one

It took 2 days to fully charge which in ok with
It was half full, and charges slowly so all cells should be equally bumped, and hopefully discharge equally too

I believe it is a little heavier than the dark energy, but at 3 times the capacity, I'm ok with that.

This stays at camp
I will carry a very small one in day pack, in case phone goes dead

I was curious if you ended up with one. Good to know

It's heavy but when you consider its capacity is 3X's others it becomes magically light.

I wont take mine on every hunt, due to its weight, but it will definitely be on specific hunts because of its capacity

I'm afraid to hook my goal zero up to it to see if it will keep it balanced. My AC charger took a couple days to charge it.
It has some serious storage for sure.

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
It's heavy but when you consider its capacity is 3X's others it becomes magically light.

I wont take mine on every hunt, due to its weight, but it will definitely be on specific hunts because of its capacity

I'm afraid to hook my goal zero up to it to see if it will keep it balanced. My AC charger took a couple days to charge it.
It has some serious storage for sure.
Mine just came in the mail today. Gonna test it on a short spring bear hunt then if it works well, my buddy will ditch his new Trent and we'll just use this one for the both of us.

rlmmarine

WKR
I've been using mine for travel and haven't had any problems with it. I'm very happy with it and I'm no longer looking for outlets at the airport.

I do the same. I take them on trips, let my G/daughter take it on field trips, When I do an all day event. When ever I can take it out I do. They charge way faster than the chargers that come with my phones.
My biggest concern will be the usb cords. They are typical cheap grade cords, nothing like Dark Energys beefed up cords.

I headed out of town for the last 2days and took the David Rav;s instead of the Goliath Ravs.
:)

They operate the same so testing one is super similar to any of these for the most part.

I had phone near dead, plugged it in, went to bed, woke up. It was at 88%.
Kind of confused I hit the indicator/power button again. A few minutes later it was at 100%.

I am not sure why it shut off at 88%.
I am super happy it took 3 minutes or so to go from 88% to 100%.
It still shows battery pack at 100%- all 4 lights.

I may look for a HD "coiled" USB cord, that way I get the short length for storing and the length for convenient charging in many situations.

I've been using my head lamps in my shop, to deplete the battery charge and soon I will charge 2 head lamps, and my phone and maybe even the go pro or DSLR simultaneously to see how it handles this load out put. Not so much that it can do it, because with it's smart charge (chooses correct mili-amps to charge devices) but to ensure the battery bank itself doesn't pull juice from one cell more than the other, leaving the pack vulnerable to max load charges in the future.

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
I headed out of town for the last 2days and took the David Rav;s instead of the Goliath Ravs.
:)

They operate the same so testing one is super similar to any of these for the most part.

I had phone near dead, plugged it in, went to bed, woke up. It was at 88%.
Kind of confused I hit the indicator/power button again. A few minutes later it was at 100%.

I am not sure why it shut off at 88%.
I am super happy it took 3 minutes or so to go from 88% to 100%.
It still shows battery pack at 100%- all 4 lights.

I may look for a HD "coiled" USB cord, that way I get the short length for storing and the length for convenient charging in many situations.

I've been using my head lamps in my shop, to deplete the battery charge and soon I will charge 2 head lamps, and my phone and maybe even the go pro or DSLR simultaneously to see how it handles this load out put. Not so much that it can do it, because with it's smart charge (chooses correct mili-amps to charge devices) but to ensure the battery bank itself doesn't pull juice from one cell more than the other, leaving the pack vulnerable to max load charges in the future.
Is it possible that your phone charged all the way up fairly quickly and then discharged to 88%?

Anything is possible I guess but when I pulled it off the charger when I first got up it was at 88 and they charge signal was not highlighted on the phone

Could just be the phone did not have an accurate value scale of the charge

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anything is possible I guess but when I pulled it off the charger when I first got up it was at 88 and they charge signal was not highlighted on the phone

Could just be the phone did not have an accurate value scale of the charge

Well I ask because it's happened to me before where my phone charged up to 100% then the charger shuts off and then it starts discharging

That could be what happened then I've never experienced that so that's new to me

Does this happen to you when charging from a wall charger as well or just these battery packs, because I've never experienced that with a wall charger or a battery pack

something to keep an eye out for sure as I normally will just put the phone in airplane mode and on the charger battery pack all night while I sleep it would be terrible to wake up and have it discharged

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
That could be what happened then I've never experienced that so that's new to me

Does this happen to you when charging from a wall charger as well or just these battery packs, because I've never experienced that with a wall charger or a battery pack

something to keep an eye out for sure as I normally will just put the phone in airplane mode and on the charger battery pack all night while I sleep it would be terrible to wake up and have it discharged

Only on battery pack for me and only some battery packs.

OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Two of us used this for 4 days with pretty heavy use and was still over 50%. It got wet at one point and still worked. I'm fairly pleased with it.