Garmin inReach Mini

jarredelectric

Lil-Rokslider
Since Garmin announced the new inReach Mini, I have a question:

My current set up is just ON-X on my iPhone in airplane mode and a map. Does anyone think the new Mini is good enough as a back up and using it to find my UTM coords. when needed? I was planning on getting the in Reach Explorer before the season, but this thing is so damn small I cannot pass it up. Another thought was to sell my Apple Watch (which I never bring with me) and get a Fenix5 in addition to the Mini as a backup.

Any thoughts?

dotman

WKR
I wouldn’t switch watches just yet but this will work perfectly with your phone.

rgwaldron

FNG
The garmin mini looks great. I've got the regular inreach and don't usually touch it. I just Bluetooth it to my phone and send txt messages thru sat. the smaller lighter device would be an improvement for sure.
I also got the fenix 5x this year and like it so far, but it does take some time to get used to. It doesn't offer nearly the amount of features your iPhone does, but I've been happy with mine. the map is smaller and if just plain topo maps. i'm not sure if you can put anything on it besides waypoints(such as the garmin birds eye sat imagery)