North Idaho and Nwest Montana 2018 winter trail cam pics

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
This was my first year leaving many trail cams out to see what I could capture in the fall and winter seasons. I left 9 trail cams out, most being 3-5 miles removed from any roads and highly removed from 99% of two legged venturers. One camera was stolen, and it was within .5 of a mile and I was curious if it would make it, but I had called in a very large bull several times, so cabled it to a tree and went up to a cable and lock with no cam. I was more than due to lose one so lesson learned, keep putting them where few venture:) Some cool pics including two bucks fighting, two bulls fighting and a string of wolves cruising up a ridge I have hunted for two decades in the dead of winter. Winter was tough this year in this neck of the woods and I know of many dead heads unfortunately so we will see soon how many made it and if so I have some good ones to chase.

attachment.php

attachment.php

OP
Ross

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

four strung out wolves two in this pics all spaced about 30 yds apart

rcfireninja

Lil-Rokslider
Very cool pics! sucks that you had one stolen. I am going out to get a couple i left since Nov of last year in our Black Hills next weekend.

snakelk

WKR
Very cool pics, thanks for sharing. Sorry you lost one to theft. I have 9 out in NE Oregon I haven't checked since last August, but I'm sure some have been tampered with by bears. Planning to install bear boxes next time I can get to them.

kingfisher

Lil-Rokslider
So great. I feel like a kid on Christmas when looking through my pics. Its sad people steal stuff. In some way it makes me not want to hunt the area, in another way it fuels me to try to kill a Big Bull. Hope you have a good spring/summer scouting season.