Map program for a Mac

I want to say sorry if this has been beat into the ground a million times, I did try a search. I’m looking at getting a Apple Laptop and was wondering what my best option is for a mapping program. I am really not smart when it comes to computer stuff, and that is why I am asking for help. I have the OnX chips for a few states that I hunt in, and was wondering if there is a way that I could transfer that info/maps from the chip into a laptop? Or is there some other kind of kick ass program that I could use to look at different spots while I am out hunting?

Thanks

Brendan

WKR
Google Earth.

OnX land ownership is available through their web viewer, don't think you can transfer any of that into other programs. Unsure if you can transfer your waypoints out to Google / Garmin yet. You couldn't when I used it, but that was last summer / fall.

I personally also use Gaia for my phone, and their web app. And can transfer waypoints, tracks, etc. from Gaia to/from Garmin Basecamp and Google Earth.

Caltopo is another good mapping tool where you can link layers into Google Earth.

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
You can view all the information such as public land, private land, hunting information, and everything else right on our website through our Web Map. Through the same Web Map window, you can download any waypoints, tracks, etc from the onX system to put on your GPS unit, Google Earth, or any other mapping program you use and vice versa; you can import any waypoints, tracks, etc from other systems into the onX Web Map. Another good thing about making waypoints on the Web Map is that if you have the app on your phone as well, they automatically transfer over to your phone so you do not need to mark them separately on each device. With an active membership, you can also update those onX Hunt Chips you have. Feel free to give our customer support team a call at 406-540-1600 if you have any questions on how to do that process or about the Web Map

mvmnts

WKR
The best options are all web based, so you have no need to worry about mac vs pc. Google Earth Pro runs well on both, and that is very useful for seeing stuff in 3D. On the web side you have caltopo and onxmaps. Caltopo is completely free, but you need to do a little extra work to get hunt specific data into it (also free from CPW). If you're not computer savvy and can't follow walkthroughs online then onxmaps is a good out of the box option with lots of layers all preloaded. It's just not nearly as powerful as the other options out there. But if you're not using those anyway, you won't miss them.

OP
fire arrow
Thanks everyone for the help. I may be computer retarded, but that never stopped me from trying new things. I will get going on the Caltopo and the OnX Webmap. Can’t be afraid of failure.

Thanks again everyone for the help. Appreciate it.