Just bought OnX elite....and have some questions

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
I took advantage of the father's day promo and just bought the elite membership. I'm sitting here messing around with it. I was looking forward to checking out the roadless layer feature (among others). Problem is, I can't click it. There's several other nationwide layers that won't turn on. Trails, burns, points of interest. I'm looking in Colorado. And some of the state layers are goofy too. Possible access and walk in access. I can turn on, but don't see any layers. What am I missing here?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Steve O

WKR
Classified Approved
Possibly you have your transparency set at 100%. Set it to 50% and see if they show up.

OP
B

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
I literally don't have the option to turn on. The icon is dimmer than the other layer icons that do turn on

OP
B

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
Not sure if my previous comment was clear. Here's a screen shot. Notice roadless layer and timber cuts layer.
6872143735357532e91807b2b97eca95.jpg

sveltri

WKR
Just looked at mine, I don't think I have the elite version, and it seems to work fine. I know you just downloaded it, but look and see if there are any updates available.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
look in the onX welcome thread in this forum. The onX rep has chimed in and is welcoming questions and provided his contact info.

I upgraded to the premium the other day and had similar issue. Try uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. It fixed this problem on my iPhone.

OP
B

buckwalleye

Lil-Rokslider
So I called customer service and talked to a human. Great dude. So all I had to do was under the 'hunt' tab in nationwide layers, hold finger between 'hunt' and downward carrot, drag down, release. (Like your going to refresh something). Duh. I felt dumb. Anyway, problem (easily) solved. Props to onx customer service. Thanks

look in the onX welcome thread in this forum. The onX rep has chimed in and is welcoming questions and provided his contact info.

Is there videos on how to really use this properly? Living in NJ IMO you can't get lost. Walk in one direction for an hour or less and you are going to find a road. So I have no experience with a GPS. I have watched what they have on their website and it really only shows the features and not the best way or how to use those features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tick

WKR
How do you renew a premium membership before it expires without an upgrade? I don't want the elite upgrade or to lose stored data.

onX Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
@buckwalleye Glad you were able to get it worked out and our customer support team helped. Sometimes the app might need a quick refresh to recognize the purchase so swiping down in that map layers menu takes care of that.

@Farmingdale's Finest on our own page is where you will find all of the features and the best way to find tutorials and videos from our Pro-Staff on how to use it. They do a great job of explaining their process on how they use the app and all it's features. And we have a video series coming up with Randy Newberg that is all about E-scouting that will be releasing over the coming weeks. You can always call our customer support team as well at 406-540-1600 and we can go over some of the different uses

@Tick No worries, you do not need to upgrade to the Elite membership if all you need is the single state Premium. As long as you have not cancelled your membership at any point, it is set to auto-renew on the same date that you purchased the previous year. All of your markups (waypoints, tracks, lines, etc) are all linked with your email address so even if your membership lapses, you will not lose your data. You can check when your renewal date is under the My Account section

Yep sometimes it takes a bit for some layers to load, depending on service.
I notice burn areas load slow.

Loving the app
Used it for basic way point and tracking, legal boundaries.

Enjoying more of it this year

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

mvmnts

WKR
A lot of times the layers just don't load, force quit the app maybe and try again. Their software is buggy and slow as hell sometimes, but everyone just keeps lumping praise and things stay the way they are.