Best Blacktail Trail Cam for Western WA?

What's the best trail camera for under $125? I would be using it in the Western Washington jungle in deep dark timber so it would need to be weatherproof, and take good night pictures since that's when they're the most active and it will most likely be extra dark where it's at due to thick canopy cover and constant clouds/rain. Good battery life is required as well.

snakelk

WKR
What's the best trail camera for under $125? I would be using it in the Western Washington jungle in deep dark timber so it would need to be weatherproof, and take good night pictures since that's when they're the most active and it will most likely be extra dark where it's at due to thick canopy cover and constant clouds/rain. Good battery life is required as well.

I run cams year-round in western Oregon, likely in similar conditions. I've been running cams since 2014 and have a variety of cams including Stealth, Primos, Browning, Moultrie, and Bushnell. I've had at least one cam of each brand succumb to water, except Primos.

My suggestion to help prolong camera life is to use a security box, either a commercial or homemade (I have a combination of both) to add some extra protection from the elements and especially bears.

Generally speaking, low-glow cams will give you better night pics than an NG (no-glow). The Stealth G-series cams have been solid performers for me, and you can get those in low-glow or NG. I haven't had one of the G-series fail due to water damage yet. Battery life is exceptional.

If you truly want the best night pictures, a white flash camera is the way to go. There aren't many produced these days, but the Moultrie Xenon is an option, and relatively inexpensive. The disadvantage to that cam is the size (larger than most all other modern cams), it takes 12 batteries, and battery life is short.

I have a Moultrie A-35, and although it takes decent pictures, has good battery life, and has been reliable in western Oregon, I do get more false triggers with it due to clouds/sun than I do with the Stealth G series in a similar setting.

mcmurder77

Lil-Rokslider
I have had great luck with the stealtcam g series cameras as well. And know people that love the cabelas and browning cameras.
97db8779af5ba0f493a01053513589fa.jpg

f1ea0d0da7c3a00731b6f40245cca489.jpg

I believe these pics are with a g42 ng

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk