Wt Loss

Any go to wt loss programs or diets or tricks that make cutting that last 15 pounds or hard to get rid of fat. I'm about 195 and graduated at 180 so still fairly lean but want to be leaner

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Every elk season takes care of 15lbs for me, and I don't even have to think about it. But then it takes another 10 months to put it back on again. I'm still working on it.

So.......just replicate an average elk season and that's 15lbs in just a few weeks.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
It's hard, but stay away from bread. Eat as much meat and fat as you want. My wife was diagnosed with Lupus a few years ago and she was told to try the whole gluten free thing....since, shes tested negative for Lupus, takes no meds and stays thin. My stepmother is diabetic and she got off of grains and bread, now she stays thin and regulates her blood sugar without insulin. It's made a believer out of me. I've had quite few ailments pass on since I've decreased my grain intake (I still cheat), not to mention that I stay very lean. I eat a very satisfying diet with high fat and cholesterol, and my cholesterol count is very low, my blood pressure is on the healthy low side and my cardio has gone through the roof. If you ever wondered why people have the gluten intolerance nowadays more than ever, It's because the grains that we process today aren't the same ones from even 10 years ago with all the new glutens that have been introduced. Not trying to sound like a hippy about it....I still kick my dog and let the buzzards eat the coyotes I've shot, but there's definitely more to the anti-grain movement than a lot of people think and weight loss is just the beginning of it.

TheCougar

WKR
Try the "whole 30". My wife and I are pretty lean, I'm about 190 and I still lost 10 lbs... a word of warning, you will eat like a horse and the only things you can eat are meats, veggies, fruits, and nuts/seeds. My wife was totally militant about it and we didn't have any sugar that entire month. Painful, but it works. I ate like a horse, all day, every day, and still lost 10 lbs.

Frito

Lil-Rokslider
Try the "whole 30". My wife and I are pretty lean, I'm about 190 and I still lost 10 lbs... a word of warning, you will eat like a horse and the only things you can eat are meats, veggies, fruits, and nuts/seeds. My wife was totally militant about it and we didn't have any sugar that entire month. Painful, but it works. I ate like a horse, all day, every day, and still lost 10 lbs.
The diet sounds perfect. Is there any exercise program or is it just the diet? I imagine the diet alone would do it. That's basically the diet I am on and it's worked for me, minus the small indulgences from time to time. Like I said above about the grains/bread, and you mentioned sugar....grains and bread raise our glycemic index more than anything, even sugar. This is what usually keeps people who are very active from losing those few extra pounds.

Idaho CTD

Lil-Rokslider
I have IBS and I've been on the Whole 30 Low FODMAP diet since Feb. to try and help with my IBS. I lost 35lbs in a month and really can't put weight on even if I try to. I've been grain free for close to a year and a half but that didn't drop the weight for me. Right now I basically only eat meats, veggies, fruits, and raw cashews. I have to eat a considerable amount of fat to not lose more weight (bacon, olives, cashews, etc.). I stay at 170lbs (6' tall) unless I'm hunting and then I tend to lose a bit more. It's a challenge to find foods to take on backpacking trips, and because I tend to eat too much of certain foods when I do, my IBS will flare up at times. It's quite expensive with all the fresh foods but it's made life much better for me and the diet works as advertised.

NorseNW

FNG
Trying to trim the Christmas "5" off myself. Never been a fan of diet programs. Doesn't seem to keep anything off. Started using myfitnesspal.com. Keeping track of what you are eating versus what you are burning calorie wise is very interesting. Motivating way of keeping track of your progress. Lifestyle and eating changes will make lasting changes.

SheepDogRob

Lil-Rokslider
It comes down to being responsible for the food you stuff in your face. Whole 30 is great for a lot of people. I've had success with it and I've had clients with great success. I've also been successful with simply counting my Macro Nutrients, which is what I'm doing now.

Just stay committed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JigStick

WKR
If you don't smoke or chew try adding 1000mg of Green Tea extract a day to your diet. That will speed up your metabolism and help burn fat. You could also try a Casin shake as your last meal of the day. Your metabolism will work all night trying to break that protein down.

If you don't smoke or chew try adding 1000mg of Green Tea extract a day to your diet. That will speed up your metabolism and help burn fat. You could also try a Casin shake as your last meal of the day. Your metabolism will work all night trying to break that protein down.

Good suggestion. I have to make sure I don't drink any after 4 or 5 pm, or it will keep me awake at night. Must be the caffeine? Seems like it has more caffeine than coffee.

c.brown

FNG
Ketogenic diet is a solid option also. The wife an I are almost done with the Whole30 and probably going for a Whole90+. I've lost about 15 lbs and have a ton more energy which is great. I'm considering morphing mine into a Ketogenic diet (cutting out potatoes and fruit, adding dairy and more fat) to try and cut the pesky belly fat I can't seem to kick. I think Whole30 is easier to maintain as far as eating style but the reported benefit of getting your body to burn it's own fat for energy rather than storing more of it (among others) is appealing. My plan is to do a Ketogenic diet for 30 days then go back to eating a Whole30 type diet. Take a look at Diet Doctor - Revolutionize your health if you want more info on it.

Hwh223

FNG
Cutting sugar in your diet is a great way to lose weight and is overlooked by many. Drinking water and limiting carbs will help a lot. There are many obvious health reasons for avoiding fats haha but the sugar and carb limiting will help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
Cutting sugar in your diet is a great way to lose weight and is overlooked by many. Drinking water and limiting carbs will help a lot. There are many obvious health reasons for avoiding fats haha but the sugar and carb limiting will help

Avoiding fats is an old school way of thinking now. Joe Rogan has a podcast with a sugar/fat expert on. Sums it up nicely. Fats and saturated fats do not cause higher cholesterol or increase your risk of heart attack.

Eating fat is good for you: Doctors change their minds after 40 years | Health | Life & Style | Express.co.uk

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Hwh223

FNG
There is a lot of research that conflicts that....
Either way you should avoid them in your diet.

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
There is a lot of research that conflicts that....
Either way you should avoid them in your diet.

So, "there is a lot of research that conflicts that"but I've researched and posted and article that conflicts with what what you are stating about fat in your diet. Why are you still suggesting a no fat diet?

Please link me an article not describing why fats bad for you but a recent article debating the new thought of fats being fine/good for you. I can find plenty of old school thinking articles on fats being bad etc...

Hwh223

FNG
I'm not suggesting a no fat diet. That is not healthy. A diet with unsaturated fats would be best and saturated fats should be limited not cut out completely. Your article was not a reliable source. It did not site any actual research.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutrit...und-linked-with-increased-heart-disease-risk/
This is one of hundreds of articles.

Limiting saturated fats and sugar mainly would be a great way to diet.

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
I'm not suggesting a no fat diet. That is not healthy. A diet with unsaturated fats would be best and saturated fats should be limited not cut out completely. Your article was not a reliable source. It did not site any actual research.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutrit...und-linked-with-increased-heart-disease-risk/
This is one of hundreds of articles.

Limiting saturated fats and sugar mainly would be a great way to diet.

My main issue was that you stated to avoid fat(non specific)
Here is a 2+hour podcast with a researcher. Have a listen: Joe Rogan Experience #904 - Gary Taubes - YouTube

Hwh223

FNG
Man I'm not trying to argue this. Yeah you need fat in your diet natural unsaturated fats from avocados or nuts is a great source. If you would like to email me and talk more about this I can provide you with more information. [email protected]
I'm am finishing medical school and can tell you more about it if you'd like.

aaron600rr

Lil-Rokslider
Man I'm not trying to argue this. Yeah you need fat in your diet natural unsaturated fats from avocados or nuts is a great source. If you would like to email me and talk more about this I can provide you with more information. [email protected]
I'm am finishing medical school and can tell you more about it if you'd like.

We're not arguing were having a discussion. I didn't mean to upset you. I was displaying a different side of the discussion about fats in the diet. I think many people would like the YouTube video I posted which also brings up the topic of Med students and there views depending on there instructors views and research which is interesting. This is just a great way of trying to spread information.

D_Eightch

WKR
I went from around 235 to 215 pretty quick by cutting out processed food. Now I have hung around 215 for a long time, and am getting focused on cutting down to fighting weight by the time hunting season rolls around. I would like to go into the season around 190-195

Stick to leaner cuts of meats, lots of veggies and a good amount of healthy fats and you will be on your way.

I always get thrown off when trying to count calories and all that, so stick to decent portions of healthy foods. Stay away from processed starches (breads, crackers, basically any carb out of a bag or box) and stick to potatoes and things like that for carb sources. I even try to limit rices. Watch the mirror and scale, adjust accordingly. Give yourself one meal a week to enjoy out with friends or family to keep your sanity.