Wt Loss

Complex carbs are good (sweet potatoes),etc. Cutting out all the fat is NO GOOD. Your body needs some fat intake for healthy hair,skin,etc.
The "Fat Free" craze from 20 years ago is not good !! If you go into a restaurant and try to eat right by ordering a salad, and ask for a low carb sugar free salad dressing, they will say "we have FAT FREE Italian". That's worse !! The fat free salad dressing has no taste, so they put sugar in it to give it taste. So you are actually eating more sugar when you go for the fat-free foods. Read the labels, corn syrup, fructose, sugar alcohol, dextrose, it's all sugar. Fat doesn't turn to fat. Carbs (sugars) that your body doesn't burn turns to fat.
As stated earlier, olive oil, nuts, and avocado along with cold water fish (tuna, mackerel, etc) all are good fats. As with everything else, it has to be eaten in moderation.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Try to eat just natural foods: Fresh vegetables, fruits, meats, seeds, nuts, eggs. Drink a lot of water.

Eliminate as much processed food as you can from your diet: Preserved meats, cheeses, butter, breads, crackers, cookies, pasta, etc.

Avoid sugary drinks: Orange juice, sports drinks, soft drinks

If you are going to drink alcohol, drink hard liquor or red wine, and in small quantities. No mixers, no beer.

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
Also, during times where you might be drying out from drinking for a few days or weeks, here is something I try:

-Coffee in the mornings with almond milk and sugar in the raw (this breaks the rule of processed foods, but oh well)
-Water all day...Nothing but water.
-Pre-dinner drink:
1/2 cup of 100% pure organic (Lakewood or similar) cranberry juice
1/4 cup of 100% pure organic (Lakewood or similar) lemon juice
2 tablespoons of Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
Add ice and 1/2 cup of water. Stir and enjoy.

KJH

WKR
Try the "whole 30". My wife and I are pretty lean, I'm about 190 and I still lost 10 lbs... a word of warning, you will eat like a horse and the only things you can eat are meats, veggies, fruits, and nuts/seeds. My wife was totally militant about it and we didn't have any sugar that entire month. Painful, but it works. I ate like a horse, all day, every day, and still lost 10 lbs.

This post was the first time I've heard of the whole 30 plan. I tried it and am on day 15. Haven't cheated yet... Other that St. Patrick's day, I haven't even been tempted. Its easier than I figured, and I have MUCH more energy. No idea if I've lost any weight yet...

Good suggestion. Thanks for posting.

bhylton

WKR
My wife and i are 2 weeks into a paleo-ish diet and so far so good. simply cut out all bread and nearly all wheat or grain products + all processed foods and non-natural sugar. I still drink beer most days and im still down 10 lbs in 2 weeks. Im sure cutting beer would help more.... :(
energy levels + overall feeling have been great.

Its been interesting eating like a horse and still loosing weight. figuring out a breakfast that would keep us full past 10am was a big challenge.
If anyone is interested or looking for something to try this has worked well for us:

a scramble of 3 eggs each + 1/2 onion, 1/2 bell pepper, kale or other greens, elk burger all fried together in a pan. 1/2 avocado + plain Greek yogurt + salsa on top. kinda like a breakfast burrito without the shell.

There are a couple Gritty Bowman podcasts that go into nutrition and fitness that had tons of great info. somewhere between episode 1 and 40 i think.

lkwoolsey

WKR
I stay in shape in the off season (and the on season) doing quite a bit of bodybuilding, and I have always had a lot of success with counting macros. You can adjust your macros according to your goals, but you need to stay on top of it. An app like MyFitnessPal or MyMacros+ is super helpful as it allows you to track your intake constantly throughout the day. Staying in the gym at least 45 minutes (preferably more like an hour+ if you can manage) lifting weights (proper form and sets vs reps) and 20 minutes of cardio a day. Running a good exercise program like that and being hyper-vigilant about your food intake (need to up your protein and lower your carbs to lose weight) will help you drop those pounds. You can throw a thermogenic in there too if you feel your ABSOLUTELY need it. Just my two cents. Feel free to hit me up if you have any questions. I used to be a personal trainer, still do it but not full time.