Training Inspiration

This quote gets me pumped to get the workout in on the days even I'm not feeling it.

"Every day you spend in inactivity, you get weaker. Every day that elk move through high country, they get stronger. And the longer you wait to exercise, the wider the gap grows."
-Cameron Hanes

BigShane54

Lil-Rokslider
I also have a quote from Cameron Hanes that is always in my head and also on the wall in my office,
"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in something, you only do it when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses and produce only results"

gauge

Lil-Rokslider
This Wilderness Athlete post is fresh in my mind. One of the best I have read...

"One of the greatest tragedies you could ever experience in life is never truly discovering what you're capable of. Our bodies and minds are incredible gifts capable of things you may have never imagined. We're always capable of more. Regardless of the adversity you've faced, there's more. Regardless of how strong you are, there's more. Regardless of how many miles you can run, there's more. Even when you fail to find the motivation to get into shape and push through the wall of exhaustion at the end of the day, there is most definitely more. Exactly how much more you're capable of is a piece of knowledge that makes life seem limitless. It's also knowledge you won't achieve without facing challenge, you need to earn it."

Wild Bob

FNG
West of Rough Rider Country, east of the Divide
I also have a quote from Cameron Hanes that is always in my head and also on the wall in my office,
"There's a difference between interest and commitment. When you're interested in something, you only do it when it's convenient. When you're committed to something, you accept no excuses and produce only results"

- I also have a Hanes quote printed out in large font on a makeshift poster that I hung up. I like this one tho and will have to put it to use. I also found a good use for my old hunting mags; I have a huge collage of inspirational pictures hanging all around my workout room.

netman

WKR
May 16,2017 I was training for the Triple Bypass in Colorado. I was riding with a group of 18. We were doing a 112 mile bike ride that turned into a hammer fest. At about mile 70 I started having chest pain that I thought was heart burn. I rode another 19 miles to our last stop before the mad dash to the finish. Things were not adding up and I realized something was wrong. I told the group to go on as I was about five miles from home. The group took off and I rode a short distance to a shady tree and got off my bike. I called my wife and told her to come and get me. She tracked me with gps. I was nearly unconscious and told her to drive me to the local small hospital. I woke up with a fireman giving me cpr on a ambulance. I got shocked twenty four times in the cath lab. Got some stints. Now have a defibrillator.
The day I had my heart attack I was in super shape. 6’2 235 riding 200-250 miles a week. I had been to Colorado riding my bike a couple months earlier. Been to California before that riding some of the tour de California routes.
My motivation is to get back into shape by training smarter and doing a couple DIY trips to Colorado this fall. I have been hiking nearly everyday with a weighted pack and riding my bike to change things up.
My heart attack caused me to be medically retired from LEO of nearly 30 years. My wife is very supporting of my elk/mule deer quest.
Motivation comes in positive or negative forms. It’s all how you look at it.

FlyGuy

WKR
"In elk hunting, success is often determined by your ability to get up and down the mountain."

Meateater

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

lang

Lil-Rokslider
Nothing more motivating than the Ironman featured athlete stories. There are a ton online and I must have watched a hundred preparing for Ironman. Then the week before the race Ironman called and asked if they could share my story. It was amazing having watched and been touched by so many to then have Ironman ask to share my story.
Here is the link:2016 IRONMAN Coeur d'Alene - Bryan Langford - YouTube
Another great quick hit is any of the Mateusz motivation stuff. This will get anyone up:Unbroken - Motivational Video - YouTube