Whose headed to the Wyoming challenge?

Grabwad

Lil-Rokslider
It seems I may be able to make the challenge in Casper. I'm wondering who will be going? I'm assuming there will be hotels in the area. I'm from South Louisiana so I have no clue about the area. I thought about bringing a tent but quickly figured the need for a shower will be pretty significant! Lol

Thanks
Gregg

WyoRob

Lil-Rokslider
I won't be there but there are plenty of hotels in Casper. It's a relatively large city with anything you would want in terms of conveniences.

Don't eat at the Outback Steakhouse in Casper. Worst case of food poisoning I have ever had, ended up having to make several emergency stops between there and Douglas, and FYI there are no turn outs, exits, or rest stops between the two :( Based on all the horns that were honked at me I am sure I gave many a trucker something to talk about for awhile.

That aside Casper is a good sized town for that area. They even have a nice Sportsmans Warehouse.

I live in Casper. I’m a little biased but it’s a great town with lots of hotel options all within a short trip to typical tth location. Lots of local restaurants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't eat at the Outback Steakhouse in Casper. Worst case of food poisoning I have ever had, ended up having to make several emergency stops between there and Douglas, and FYI there are no turn outs, exits, or rest stops between the two :( Based on all the horns that were honked at me I am sure I gave many a trucker something to talk about for awhile.

That aside Casper is a good sized town for that area. They even have a nice Sportsmans Warehouse.

I second that. Avoid the chain restaurants and find some of the local places.

bat-cave

WKR
I am planning for the Casper event this year. We did the CO event last year and had fun, just looking for a new locale for a family weekend and some fun! Any useful suggestions about the area? For example, the mosquitos were brutal at the Mesa event last year! My youngest and I donated alot of blood due to insufficent insect repellent!

There are a few campsites at the location and a couple other campgrounds very close. However, the campgrounds get full fast especially with the event being close to July 4th. The bugs haven't been a problem but it can get hot and windy on Casper mountain with thunderstorms rolling through as well. Several good non chain restaurants in town and if you have a cooler, it is worthwhile to bring what you need up as its a bit of a drive back down the hill to get anything. Lots to do in the area and lots of trails to hike/run as well.

I am planning for the Casper event this year. We did the CO event last year and had fun, just looking for a new locale for a family weekend and some fun! Any useful suggestions about the area? For example, the mosquitos were brutal at the Mesa event last year! My youngest and I donated alot of blood due to insufficent insect repellent!

Lots of camping near the event, but as was said earlier, spots could fill up. Mosquitos aren’t terrible just depends on the year. Garden Creek falls is a cool place take the family with some short hikes. Casper has some great fishing near by if you’re into that.

bat-cave

WKR
Did the WY event get cancelled? I no longer see it listed on the TTH website. I've been waiting to register due to some other work travel and now I no longer see it on the list of events.