beginner question

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
i'm trying to get started with train to hunt. So far i built a step up box. now i'm looking for recommendations on sandbags to use?
Anyone have a preference of a link where to buy some? Also, is sand the best filler?
thanks in advance

Steadman

WKR
I got the fullbore fitness sandbag off amazon for $50. I just got it so I’m not sure about the durability yet. Last year I used an old army duffel filled with 80# of wood pellets. It worked but took a beating and eventually fell apart. I’ll probably use sand or salt to fill the bags this year. Just going to find the cheapest. Good luck at the TTH! It’s addicting!!

Murph1

Lil-Rokslider
I use the garage fit brand from Amazon. I filled them with sand. I've been using them for 2+ years now and they're holding up well. Nice price too

I went to Home Depot and got a bag of their cheap sand. Took it home and wrapped entire bag in about half a roll of duct tape. Finished it weighs about 67 lbs. I use it for pack training, sand bag get ups, and high rep squats. It is still going strong 3 years later and cost less than $5 since I had the duct tape already.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rogue sandbags are great. Have also heard good things about the goruck sandbags. You can go cheap if you have to but they won't last. You can also use pea gravel instead of sand. It's easier to fill with and they won't leak or be dusty.

Grumman

WKR
I have the Goruck. They are very well made and have the best handle configuration in my opinion.

OP
G

gjviii

Lil-Rokslider
I went to Home Depot and got a bag of their cheap sand. Took it home and wrapped entire bag in about half a roll of duct tape. Finished it weighs about 67 lbs. I use it for pack training, sand bag get ups, and high rep squats. It is still going strong 3 years later and cost less than $5 since I had the duct tape already.

i went this route. made a lighter one for the wife as well.

thanks

The sandbags work great. In addition to the sandbags some ankle and wrist weights will do wonders to increase your endurance as well. Sometimes I will put them on and just do my daily activities around the house

The sandbags were great and there's many approaches you can use but an overlooked approach is to buy yourself some ankle and wrist weights. Put them on when you are doing random activities around the house and you will be surprised at the endurance it'll add