Pack Sugestions

JA03

FNG
I an training for my first Train to Hunt event and was looking for pack suggestions. I am not new to rucking and have been using an old ALICE frame with Mt ruck and utilized the ILBE when they were first introduced in 2004. It works however I know there is something that is better. I will be doing my first western hunt this October in NW Wyoming, if my group drawn deer tags. It will be day hunting however some backpack hunts may be in my future if I can locate a hunting partner that is adventurous.

That being said I greatly appreciate any recommendations on a better set up. It doesn't have to be ultra light, or the newest greatest. I'm just looking for a pack to multi task for train to hunt and my hunting trip this year.

Josh

Jbehredt

WKR
For train to hunt you want some sort of a framed hauler. A day pack with sand bags in it isn’t gonna happen. If a kifaru or exo is in the budget you can buy the frame and attach modular bags as your hunting style evolves.
ETA- kifaru made the Apollo for TTH.

I’ve been playing with a SG xcurve and the fully attached meat shelf is perfect for TTH. I’ve been using a bag of gravel or weight plates in the load shelf...you can strap and secure anything in there no problem. Very cool design.

Steadman

WKR
Go to the TTH event with the pack you have. While there ask to try other packs after the event. You’ll be able to try a few different brands and styles. I had to go through a few different brands to find the one that fits me best. I’m finding packs are like boots, there are a lot of well manufactured packs but some just don’t fit. I ran a MR last year and it did well, running a kifaru this year because it fits me better. Good luck and have fun!!

OP
JA03

JA03

FNG
Thanks for the advice fellas. Steadman, I think I'm going to apply your strategy. I'm looking forward to the event!

BBalash3

Lil-Rokslider
I belieave the train to hunt events are only 50 lbs this year. I have been running/training with 50lbs in my Kifaru 14'r. I find it more comfortable than my 26" tactical frame when running. I can cinch the 14'r down tight to my back & shoulders and it won't move or sway when running.