Texas TTH

bounds

WKR
Anyone else doing TTH this weekend at Cinnamon Creek? Forecast shows 90% chance of thunderstorms for Saturday morning. I'm assuming the event will still take place unless there's lightning. Anyone done a TTH in the rain before?

I'll be the bald, thin guy in red shorts if anyone wants to say hello.

OP
B

bounds

WKR
We've got friends and family up there so it's a pretty normal drive for us. Hang out with them and get a little friendly competition in too; 2 birds, 1 stone :).

TradAg02

Lil-Rokslider
Just checked into my room. I’ve had scheduling conflicts the last two years. This year I scheduled a meeting in Dallas for today so I’d have an excuse to already be up here.

Never been to one so I don’t really know what to expect other than it will hurt. I have a backcountry bear hunt next month so if nothing else it should let me know what areas I need to work on.

Skinny bald guy with a beard. I’ll be wearing a green Kuiu shirt with a camo ram skull, or at least that’s what I’ll be wearing under my rain gear.

Good luck to all competing , embrace the suck , have fun!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

FlyGuy

WKR
Yep, tomorrow is definitely going to suck balls. I did this event last year and it was unusually cold. We all thought it would warm up as the sun got up, but the wind just wouldn't lay down and it made for a long day as most were unprepared. This year it looks to be the same, except raining all day! Threw my Tut in with my gear just to give me a place to get out of the rain some between heats. Good luck to everyone. I haven't shot my bow since January so this ought to be interesting...

Sent from my SM-G610F using Tapatalk

TradAg02

Lil-Rokslider
Enjoyed meeting and shooting with you Andrew. Was certainly different than I expected and that is without the rain and mud. Aside from the bruised ego, it exposed some weaknesses and gives me some areas to focus on improving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
B

bounds

WKR
Great hanging out with you too Chris! Pretty cool we got paired together. I feel the same way about expectations. The dry, fair weather training days had my bar set pretty high. Our hunts rarely have good weather throughout, so why not train in some crappy weather? I know I will be over the next few months. And I'll work on my arrow trajectory on bedded bull elk lol.

It sure gave me the bug to want to do another one this year too.