What's your training weight material?

Just curious what everyone uses. I've found a 50lb bag of whole sunflower seeds gives a really good amount of bulk to go along with the weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clarktar

WKR
I've been using rubber mulch. So far so good.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Jskaanland

Administrator
Staff member
Coarse water softener salt, 50lbs bag for 3.99. Today I actually used a 50lbs bag of chicken feed as I had pulled my salt out and forgot to put it back in.

Bl704

WKR
Bag of concrete, wrapped with house wrap and duct taped to keep from leaking.

I've used the house wrap and other convenient bagged products I've had around the house, like sand, corn or rock salt previously for different weight/dimensions.

Jbehredt

WKR
A couple dumbbells and a soft 5 gallon water jug. The water jug is nice because A) I’ve always got plenty of water and B) If I get out too far or hurt something it’s easy to lighten the load

oenanthe

WKR
In past years I've used dumbbells wrapped in old coveralls, and water jugs of various sizes.

This year I'm comparing several different packs and trying to decide amongst them. I wanted a consistent, uniform, weight so I picked up several 40-pound bags of wood pellets. Works pretty well and I'm not worried about a bag springing a leak or anything.

ncstewart

WKR
Bag of cheap 25lb bag kitty litter for base. 5lb bags of rice for adding more is what I used for couple years. I got a brute force bag and been using that lately for base. It’s 45lbs. It’s nice cause it’s multi purpose

Actual sand bags that had been in the back of my truck for weight in the winter. They probably cost about $3 each at the hardware store.

50lb bag of water softener salt, 4.99 at the hardware store

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Tapatalk

Doc Holliday

WKR
Classified Approved
40# bag of pool salt. I have to add it periodically to the pool, so I just keep an extra bag lying around and throw it in the load shelf to train