Best Trocar 125 gr Broadhead

I'm sure there is a thread on this but the tech continues to improve. Recently just started shooting 125 gr field tips and have really liked the performance that I'm seeing. I believe I'm shooting 400 grain arrows (Beman ICS Hunters) with a 2013/2014 Bear Empire set all the way up. I think it's maxed out at 70 lbs. Shooting the 100 gr field tips, I felt like I was getting a lot of drift (not sure of technical term) and felt that my accuracy was affected when comparing with the 125's.

Anyway, looking to get away from the mechanicals to improve accuracy. Have only every shot Rage's since starting. Any rec's on the newest 125 grain trocar's available.

Thanks!!!

I dont think anyone ever left mechanicals to improve accuracy but as far as broadheads have been concerned if I were to use a fixed blade it would be either a slick trick or g5 montec

Overall if you want a trocar tip I would say they are all about the same and muzzy has been making them a long time with a lot of deer taken.

i had good success with 125 grain slick trick magnums. they're a little loud in flight it seems but every deer i shot with one went down in a hurry.

Trial153

WKR
Any slicktrick pretty much..... vipertricks are my favorite of the bunch.

OP
D
I'm sure there is a thread on this but the tech continues to improve. Recently just started shooting 125 gr field tips and have really liked the performance that I'm seeing. I believe I'm shooting 400 grain arrows (Beman ICS Hunters) with a 2013/2014 Bear Empire set all the way up. I think it's maxed out at 70 lbs. Shooting the 100 gr field tips, I felt like I was getting a lot of drift (not sure of technical term) and felt that my accuracy was affected when comparing with the 125's.

Anyway, looking to get away from the mechanicals to improve accuracy. Have only every shot Rage's since starting. Any rec's on the newest 125 grain trocar's available.

Thanks!!!

I think it goes back shooting 100 gr Rage's. Shot a broad side doe that I had a perfect shot on at 30 yds. Not sure if it drifted as stated above but ended up hitting dead on in the scapula. Blood trickled down to nothing. Saw her later in the season alive, looking pretty rough and gimping along. Couldn't get a shot at her to put her down. The other doe I shot at this year with a Rage went 30 yards after a quartering shot clipped caudal lung and all of liver...

Basically I just want better penetration with a fixed blade with heavier weight.

Thanks for the responses. I've been looking at the Slick Trick's so that just helped confirm the choice! I appreciate it!