Best Whitetail Buck Photo Contest 2016

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE: As there seems to be more Whitetail hunts still going on, we'll leave this thread open for entries until Sunday 12/18. Get your entries in by then and we'll consider them. Thanks!

mcseal2

WKR
My 2016 whitetail, my wife brought my daughter up to take pictures so she snuck into one. We didn't care, fun for the whole family. It is a real old 161" gross 9pt with 46" of mass measurements. I have a 73" shed off him from last year with better tines and main beam, but not quite the mass. The Kryptek camo that I used hunting muleys works at home too.

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331/mcseal2/DSCF4061_zpsrhp6j8if.jpg

http://i949.photobucket.com/albums/ad331/mcseal2/DSCF4056_zps7vg8hjgd.jpg

Here's a couple pics of my OR White tail that I was lucky to get a crack at with my Muzzle loader!

Sooner

Lil-Rokslider
Finally got a decent buck near my house in eastern OK.
9a95c589985270da37b837b51ba45bbb.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

rpoutside

FNG
Here is my 2016 East Idaho public land whitetail. Took him on Thanksgiving weekend after seeing him 3 other times throughout the season.

4x6 with kicker, rough scored 159". Not big compared to some of the other bucks on here, but for Eastern Idaho, I will take it any day.

P1010595_zpsw2svk6dj.jpg

P1010614_zpsihsl6egr.jpg

Last edited:
OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
rpoutside, you're right, that's a great buck for around there!

OK, I'm locking the thread while we judge the photos. Should have our winner announced this week. Thanks all who posted.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
UPDATE 12/26/16 OK Whitetail slayers! We got a better response on this contest than we thought we would, so we upped the ante. Besides the 1st prize- Idaho's Greatest Whitetails-
attachment.php

we added 2nd place:

attachment.php

Larry Benoit's remastered classic: How to Bag the Biggest Buck of Your Life

3rd place:
attachment.php

any shirt (not including hoodies) in stock (including size) from the Rokslide store: CLOTHING – Rokslide Online Store

Rokslide member and Whitetail hunter ChrisS helped Ryan and I narrow down all the entries to the top three:

1st place:
attachment.php

TBoschma! This dude knows how to take a photo as he also placed 2nd in our Mule Deer contest!

For 2nd place:

griffinit! Another Rokslide killer, he had two bucks in this contest, two bulls in the elk contest AND a giant mule deer in that contest, taking Honorable Mention in both those. No Honorable mention here, though, and takes the Benoit book.

And for 3rd place

Devonian's very unique photo. We usually shy away from the bloody ones, but somehow he made this one work. He takes the Rokslide shirt.

All you guys need to email me at [email protected] with your shipping info (and size for the shirt winner) within 10 days (so January 5th) to claim your prizes or I'll move someone else into your slot. Please post up on the thread, too, we want to hear from you!

Thanks and hoping to make this contest even better next year!

Last edited:
Awesome! Congrats to the winners, congrats to everyone else on a successful season, and props to Rokslide for putting these contests together. They've been fun following.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

TBoschma

Lil-Rokslider
Wow again thanks guys! some of the pictures look like they could tell a pretty cool story too, I'd love to float hunt one of these times!

Devonian

Lil-Rokslider
Awesome! photography is really becoming one of my favorite hobbies and its really nice to get positive feedback.

CDNPO

FNG
Awesome job everyone! Some great Bucks and Great photos here. Can't wait for next season!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk