Colorado Whitetails

dunner543

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone hunt them out here in CO? Been listening to the wired to hunt podcast recently and it has gotten me fired up to sit in a tree and look for some whitetails this year. Looks like the options are fairly limited here in CO. Obviously my options are limited to an OTC or leftover tag at this point. Anyone have any info they could share? Not looking for honey holes of course, don't even care if I have a decent chance at getting one, just want to get out and hunt some. Thanks!

WKR
Just saw two real nice bucks here in Elbert County about a week ago. Have killed some nice ones over the years. Not sure what OTC tags or leftovers are out there, but I do love CO whitetail hunting. Good luck if you get out.

OP
D

dunner543

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for the reply 30338. Did some pretty extensive "online scouting" last night and found a couple possible areas. I live in Elbert County but have only ever seen mulies, actually haven't seen a single whitetail in CO ever. Looks like all the decent places are on private land in riparian zones but there are some public options out there if you look hard enough. Probably not very good odds of success but at least there's a chance!