Missouri Buck

Sooner

Lil-Rokslider
I got the chance to head to the Missouri/Iowa border this past weekend. Of course I jumped at that. My buddy had been talking it up for several weeks (his dad has a lease up there). After looking at Google Earth of the property I started getting excited. It had good timber and crp with crops on either side of the property. We make it up there at 330 am Saturday morning. I had enough time to get a shower then head to the area. The first morning I hunted a finger that came out of the bottom and seen NOTHING. my friend did get a decent little 8 point though.
5d7aa0aac2e12442cae3793c65bbc82d.jpg

That afternoon I took my lone wolf alpha and sticks an checked out the other side of the property. Ended up sitting up on the edge of a thicket and crp.
Check the bikini frame on that lone wolf. (Don't pay attention to my chicken plant boots lol)
f51fa6159b31118e62be323a9fb7cd93.jpg

After a few hours I could hear and see a good buck chasing doe and grunting back in the thicket behind me. After several grunt attempts by me he finally decided to come check me out. He stepped out at 30 yards then walked on a string right in front of me. I ended up shooting him at 13steps. WAY far back though. I watched him run about 180 yards a drop! We looked that night an couldn't find a thing in the crp grass. We decided to back out and come back in the morning. That next morning I ended up passing the biggest buck of my life at 30 yards. Got out of the stand at 830 and walked straight to my deer.
35c24802b5f62077ed93219e6ca2f9a1.jpg

Here he is. Both G2's split and has a crab claw on his right main beam.
41572a0839c9afea33aee39024883b78.jpg

All I can say is my NAP killzone saved me on a terrible shot. Ended up turning his liver into mush.
eebc7f49e87df17c7c56c8f2ce7ffb85.jpg

This deer has some crazy mass and I can't wait to see him on my wall.
8274a9063e1d5e1211f1abfb41961890.jpg

Ended up scoring 132.25 Had the trip of a lifetime and can't wait to return!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

AdamW

WKR
Congrats man! Odd to see someone wanting to come TO Missouri. :D

OP
Sooner

Sooner

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats man! Odd to see someone wanting to come TO Missouri. :D
I've been hunting Missouri for years lol. My uncle owns 300 acres on Lake of the Ozarks. This time we went way north of that.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Congratulations great buck. I head to the show me state every Nov and love it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

OP
Sooner

Sooner

Lil-Rokslider
I use NAP Killzones as well--brutal to say the least.

Great buck--congrats.

J
Yes they are. That's my 3rd deer this year with them an 10th over all. Y
They are pretty devistating.

OP
Sooner

Sooner

Lil-Rokslider
Why? Missouri is a go to whitetail state and our conservation is exceptional.
I agree with this. Where we just came from is one of the best whitetail places I've ever been. Huge deer and plenty of them.

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
I agree with this. Where we just came from is one of the best whitetail places I've ever been. Huge deer and plenty of them.

Nice buck! I'd love to see the one you had to pass.
ccf46dca01147c08ebaaee0d8f7c90ac.jpg
Were you anywhere close to Unionville MO? I have a lease within 30 miles of there. I shot this buck there this year. I've lived and hunted Northern MO most of my life, there is good deer anywhere in the Northern half of the state. Mainly due to good management, most out of state guys who come on also manage well, but there are some who come and shoot the first young buck they see. That hurts abit, but a good share of them will let young deer walk too.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

OP
Sooner

Sooner

Lil-Rokslider
Nice buck! I'd love to see the one you had to pass.
ccf46dca01147c08ebaaee0d8f7c90ac.jpg
Were you anywhere close to Unionville MO? I have a lease within 30 miles of there. I shot this buck there this year. I've lived and hunted Northern MO most of my life, there is good deer anywhere in the Northern half of the state. Mainly due to good management, most out of state guys who come on also manage well, but there are some who come and shoot the first young buck they see. That hurts abit, but a good share of them will let young deer walk too.

Nice deer! To be honest I'm not sure. We stayed in lamoni Iowa and hunted missouri if that's anywhere close to you.

Jjamesdean

Lil-Rokslider
Ok you were farther West over by Bethany. Awesome area!! Hope you got that spot locked down for awhile :)

OP
Sooner

Sooner

Lil-Rokslider
Ok you were farther West over by Bethany. Awesome area!! Hope you got that spot locked down for awhile :)

Well I dont but my buddy does. It was a awesome area for sure! Never been anywhere like it.

OP
Sooner

Sooner

Lil-Rokslider
Added my 5th archery whitetail of the year. Finally got a decent buck near my home in eastern Oklahoma.
765bf185def6bb6317416c88bfced2bf.jpg