AZ Coues and OR Whitetail Success!

Being from the wet side of OR, it's not that often I get a chance at two Whitetail in one year! This year was kind of different, as I drew a late OR Muzzleloader Whitetail tag and a late AZ Coues tag. Both hunts were a special treat since I usually hunt Blacktail at home and Muleys out of state. I was stoked to have taken my best Eastern Whitetail with my smoke pole during the OR hunt. Then to top it off I made the 23 hr drive to AZ for a solo Coues hunt. This was my first hunt in AZ and until this trip I had never laid eyes on a live Coues Whitetail! I ended up taking a solid 3pt. that more than met the benchmark I had set for my first buck. I was pretty stoked. I actually tagged a nice Blacktail in OR and a Muley in MT this year too. Kind of a mini grand slam of sorts:). I have to say I feel pretty blessed to have the opportunity to spend so much time on some pretty cool adventures!

Nicely done! What's the name of the small town you're from? I am also from a very small and rural part of Oregon, eastern side though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Camofreak

FNG
Congrats, those types of trips are the best! What part of AZ were you in? I tagged out on the 29th on the rifle hunt. We helped some out of staters pack out a deer the next day too.

OP
gonhunting247
Congrats, those types of trips are the best! What part of AZ were you in? I tagged out on the 29th on the rifle hunt. We helped some out of staters pack out a deer the next day too.

Nice work on your hunt. I was down toward Safford!