Idaho Whitetail

joshmo

Lil-Rokslider
I meant to post this back awhile ago, but I finally had a chance to login and show off my Idaho buck from this season. I passed on this same deer last year and I am glad I did as he got a little more mass on him! He was the smaller of the two I was after this year that were on my camera. The bigger one came into my set literally as I was climbing down from a morning hunt in the rain. Blew my chances on him and never saw him again. It sill haunts me! This guy however came into an estrous bleat and I got him with a 12 yard chip shot with my bow. Another smaller buck tried to fight him after he died. Was able to self film the hunt and hope to have a video up soon.
whitetail josh.jpg
PSX_20161107_080110.jpg

FreeRange

WKR
Congratulations. The fact that those deer get hunted 4 months a year and during the rut with a rifle makes it all the more impressive to get him with your bow. That buck was a survivor. Great job.

OP
J

joshmo

Lil-Rokslider
WOW!!!! What a great buck.
Anxious for your video and the rest of the story.

Thanks Elkguide! Ill share it on here as soon as I get it edited! The best (or worst) part of the story was my flashlight and phone died while field dressing him. Hiked about 45 min to the trail head and went and bought a new light and then hiked back in to quarter and debone him! Made for a long night but a good story!

OP
J

joshmo

Lil-Rokslider
Congratulations. The fact that those deer get hunted 4 months a year and during the rut with a rifle makes it all the more impressive to get him with your bow. That buck was a survivor. Great job.

Thanks FreeRange! He was one smart and tough deer that let a doe sound get the best of him lol Luckily, Its a good little climb to where I got him and havent seen a whole lot of other hunters in the area...public land none the less! I love it!