South Dakota whitetail

ChasinDoes

Lil-Rokslider
Have one point for west river deer in south dakota. Was wanting to go this fall for a whitetail hunt/scouting trip. I have never been to west south dakota before. Was wondering if anybody had any pointers. Was considering unit 35 or 15, open to suggestions tho as well. Not afraid to get off the beaten path and some boot leather

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

sorry this is a little late, hopefully you got your applications in. both of those units would be decent units to find mule deer and whitetails in certain areas. Haven't hunted the units myself, but know that a lot of people go there for mule deer specifically. either way will be a fun trip. Just do your scouting, find a good area, then hunt it thoroughly and you will find deer.

OP
C

ChasinDoes

Lil-Rokslider
I decided to just keep getting points this year and I'll get an OTC archery tag so I can do a year of scouting first

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think that is a great idea. Good luck! Been pretty dry k a. Lot of areas western SD so idk how he antler growth is going to be. If you are set on getting big deer maybe look into rain fall. If you are like me and the size doesn't really matter too much then forget it lol. Good rain in some u it's may produce lots of clover in some pasture areas and thus push nice bucks into the big buck range.