Gonna be tough here until late season

All the farmers around me have corn planted. Can't find the first beanfield to glass over. Holding a few deer on my plot with a small clover patch. I just always like beans bc you can actually spot the deer and they don't live in it. Oh well, I'll stop bitching.

Osprey

Lil-Rokslider
If the farmers in your area leave the corn up this season into the rut and esp into gun season you will have more mature bucks in the following season. Lot of hunters struggle to hunt standing corn but deer love it which helps bucks get a little older on years when a lot of it area around which is why you see an uptick in older class deer the following year after corn is picked late.

Osprey

Lil-Rokslider
Standing corn can be tough to hunt but it can be very productive as well. Bucks will feel comfortable moving in it through out the day and hitting scrapes along edges of it since these areas are not exposed if standing, and yes they scrape early too I've seen buck scrapes on standing corn edges as early as sept here in Indiana. You can do a quick tour around standing corn edges and find areas where deer area entering and exiting as well as look for buck sign, areas deer are knocking down standing corn etc and in areas of white acorns once they start dropping where they are leaving the security of corn and feeding both corn and acorns. Also isolated water spots in corn fields can be hot as well. Standing corn can be very productive for mature bucks many of those mature bucks will very rarely be in those fields in daylight once picked. You can also stalk in the corn and stalk down the corn rows under the right conditions typically high wind. Also other factors influence how productive a corn field might be such as the width of each corn row some fields tend to be tighter than others big bucks struggle to get headgear through small corn rows and typically wont use them as much until the rut starts when looking for the does using the corn. However wider corn rows or patches where corn didnt grow quite as well will be used more often early on by mature bucks. Mature bucks sometimes just bed on the edges as well so pick a windy rainy or combo of the two type day to do your quick corn edge tour so your intrusion is miminal and you leave the least amount of scent.

Btaylor

WKR
If you have corn on ground you hunt that you think may run late, a spot with good access favoring your predominant wind could be a great spot to sink a kiddie pool for a this season temporary water hole.

spaniel

FNG
My absolute favorite hunting is when it works out so that most of the corn is down, but I have some standing corn left on property I can hunt. Deer will concentrate in it, especially after the first couple days of the season. Get just a bit of wind to mask movement, then stalk row to row carrying a light carbine or muzzleloader. I've taken many nice deer this method and it's a high adrenaline hunt.

What happens here is most of the corn comes down right before the season. I'll have deer on my property (15 acres of former pasture I'm still working to forest) all year, then the corn comes down, and they disappear as they stay closer to the closest woods (3/4mi away). The past few years I've planted an acre of corn on my property, and let it stay up all winter. I now hold deer here throughout the season. It becomes the best food source so they bed close to it in the grass.

OP
A
Unluckily for me, the corn is in the middle of area I cant hunt. With field separating us, no real ambush spots. I need to ask if that crazy woman that inherited the land will let me hunt.