Barronett Ground Blind and/or Cabela's Stealth Hunter 4

Murdy

WKR
Anybody ever use a blind by this company? I'm looking at the Big Cat 350. Anyone familiar with the blind or company that can comment on its quality? Pretty good deal on Amazon right now.

Also looking at the Cabela's Stealth Hunter 4, if anyone knows anything about it?

I've got the Barronett Grounder 350... looks like the Big Cat is a bit bigger than the Grounder even. I bought the Grounder 350 so I could take my kids along and it has PLENTY of room for me and my 2 young kids. It is huge... and if the Big Cat is even bigger, whoa! The quality has been fine, I've had it for probably 8 years now and there are some small tears forming and I broke a pole (my fault, left it out in an ice storm...). All of the zippers still work fine. Depending on your preferences, if it wasn't for taking my kids along I wouldn't go with such a big blind. It makes it harder to set up in vegetation/woods because of the big footprint, but it works ok for field edges where nothing can get in the way. Also what I noticed is that because it's so big, the windows are a bit high for me (i'm 5'10") so I have to almost stand if I want to shoot my bow. The plus though, is the blind is huge so you can take a lot of gear, kids, camera equipment, etc... and still have room to lay down and take a nap. :)

I used a Barronett Big Mike w/ Vents last year. I absolutely loved it. The corner windows can be configured to open pretty low to allow seated shooting. Also, they can be lowered from the top to provide shielding from the sun's glare and shut off quite a bit of light penetration. I'm 5'11" and can probably shoot standing (as advertised), but I have not tried it. However, I do stand to at least stretch my legs from time to time. The vents really help me to channel air flow, particularly during use of my Ozonics unit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

c14ef6d9d7e1103bf265e5d29a78dbcf.jpg

Sodbuster

WKR
I use Big Mikes on a couple of tower stands in the rifle fields. Put them on in late August, deer are used to them by mid Sept.
Roughly 5 by 5 but about 6'4" tall. Being able to stand up to stretch is nice.

Jordan Budd

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bumping this back up for a positive rating from me! We used the Ox5 in Kansas and I'm extremely happy with them. For 300$ especially. The thing is GIGANTIC. We had the guide, hunter and me (camera-lady) with giant chairs, tripod and backpacks in there with room for another person, and 2 if you needed. We are going to order 2 for our business.
The Double Bull's that you buy for 400$ aren't near the size of the Ox5. I haven't used one enough to test the durability of the material but it's suppose to be extremely tough. That's one selling point they make. We DESTROY blinds here with the winds and just overall abuse from clients so I'm excited to see how they do. One minor downside I experienced was the main zipper is loud.. but it's also very durable. So in the end I'd rather have a durable zipper over a flimsy one, some noise is manageable.

boco7

FNG
Would definitely recommend the Ox5. It is heavy but well made and is more roomy than you can even imagine. Window adjustments are very easy and useful for different situations. You won’t be disappointed.