Climbing stands

If you guys are anything like me, I enjoy the maneuverability of climbing stands. I just hate packing the stupid things for very far. The shoulder straps on my Summit Viper are pretty bad. Does anyone carry their pack on a kifaru type frame? I have an older 24" frame that I bought off here that had some straps torn loose. After the repairs, I got to thinking it would make a perfect way to carry my climber. If you happen to carry your climber with a pack, could you post pictures of how you attached it. Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I cut the straps and belt off an old wore out pack and attached those to my LW.

I've used API grand slams, Summit Viper, Tree Lounge, Gorilla Steel Climbers, Xstand, and Lone Wolf. LW is head and shoulders above them for packability, quietness, on the tree stability, and speed of attachment.

LostArra

WKR
What climbers are you guys using? Thanks

Lone Wolf hand climber for me.
Not the most comfortable seat but a Hunt Comfort pad makes it tolerable for longer sits but the Hunt Comfort is thicker and the stand doesn't pack as flat.
I also put a bungee on the seat so I can flip it up out of the way since I stand a lot.

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
I bought the "upgraded" straps for my summit and it still sucks, gonna put it on a pack frame this year. Following for some pics, good thread!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought the "upgraded" straps for my summit and it still sucks, gonna put it on a pack frame this year. Following for some pics, good thread!

I can attest to this, even with the upgraded straps these things suck to carry very far. I love nothing more than to hunt from my Summit Viper but it's a pain in the ass regardless when hiking in and out.

I've done the Molle system since before it was so popular and it is OK.
Got a 24'' Bikini frame I'm gonna mount permanently when I get around to it. Should be a pretty great setup.

Finch

WKR
I have a game plan gear T.T.S. (treestand transportation system) and love that thing. It doesn't appear to be in stock anywhere at the moment though. Bought extra straps so I can use it with my LW hang on as well. I can walk extra far now.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
maninthemaze
My viper is horrible to carry. Even with the pad flipped around so that most of the back part of the pad is on the other side of the frame. This leaves the cushion resting against my lower back/butt.

This year will be the year to hopefully make a sling that holds my stand and a couple large belt pouches. This would be perfect.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

elkyinzer

WKR
Molle straps and hipbelt and a hazmore seat for my Summit bushmaster. Perfection.

Tried the sling on my mystery ranch, wasn't a big fan for a few reasons....my pack frame stinks, takes more time to strap up, and rides a bit too high and catches brush.

Lawnboi

WKR
I have a lw sit and climb. I don't care for strapping it to a pack only because it takes so much time to secure it, then you have to insecure it,try to be quiet and setup.

If your not going too far it's easier to just muscle it.

Still a pain either way, even more of a pain if your dragging a summit through the woods. Lone wolf packs flat and climbs quiet.

mag1

Lil-Rokslider
I have the Molle Shoulder straps and waist belt on both of my LW Assualt Hang ons. Where I hunt in Wis. I could never get a climber in any of the trees. many times I am in a 3-6" dia. tree, only 1-2 sticks up. Hunt a lot of cattail marsh's and the edges of them.

Agustus

FNG
I too have done the molle shoulder and waist belt and some of my lone wolf hang on stands just sport the shoulder straps. Especially if shorter walk. I'm gonna try for the first time an exo 2000 pack and the crib for a couple of my long uphill walk in places. Almost always use a lone wolf hand climber or hang on. But do use a summit if planning a long sit..... but like others..... hate carrying the damn thing.

Rick

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have pics of their summit on a pack frame?

PMcGee

WKR
d4363a3507dd9aeb19e951991fff0047.jpg

I just use the grab it and a strap around the top of the stand.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro