Hunting in front of warm front

adamm88

WKR
We have warm weather right now with weather from a tropical depression coming Sunday. I know deer activity picks up in front of cold fronts but i dont have much experience in front of warm fronts/tropical weather. Does anyone have any experience?

Sodbuster

WKR
This time of year we get alternating warm and cold fronts moving through. Colorado is sending us a cold front right now.

I hunt the water and along it when it is warm. When it cools off I move back to field edges or timber trails.

OP
A

adamm88

WKR
This time of year we get alternating warm and cold fronts moving through. Colorado is sending us a cold front right now.

I hunt the water and along it when it is warm. When it cools off I move back to field edges or timber trails.

Thanks for the Advice, I should probally add i hunt mountains(pa standards not western standards) and the deer are feeding in to and from apple orchards mainly.

I would recommend evening hunts where the wind is predictable. Unless you have evidence of deer bedding later than when you get in the stand or have a morning stand well away from bedding areas I think it is to risky to hunt near bedding thus early for fear of educating. The deer will still move. Just might be later and you can't kill one from home.

elkyinzer

WKR
The weather certainly doesn't look optimal until later next week, there really is no way of dressing that up. Still you can't kill one from the couch, as the saying goes. I usually take it as an opportunity to hunt some of my secondary areas, or check out some new ground. I stay out of my honey holes until the mercury drops. Don't forget the Thermacell, I got eaten alive Wednesday evening.

Sodbuster

WKR
adamm88
Thanks for the Advice, I should probally add i hunt mountains(pa standards not western standards) and the deer are feeding in to and from apple orchards mainly.

Sorry adamm88, I should of asked for more details.The advice you have received already is sound.
My water stands are secondary but in spots where I have seen deer before.
I also only hunt the evening hunt right now. Typically, mornings are still and the wind will pick up in the afternoon for cover.
If I have does around I will stay put until they are gone before backing out,even long after dark.