2017 Montana Archery WT

Gumbo

WKR
Morbid pic of my 2017 Montana archery whitetail. This is my first archery WT in about 12 years because I'm usually archery hunting elk and antelope and then hunt muleys during the rut with a rifle. This year I drew a killer Missouri Breaks rifle only elk tag (so I didn't want to tempt myself into burning my tag on an archery bull) AND lucked into archery access to prime piece of whitetail property in SW Montana. The stars aligned and I shot this 143-inch gross buck after about 10 evenings in the stand.

2017 WT.jpg

Last edited:

amp713

WKR
Nice! I've been wanting to come into sw Montana and do some archery white hunting.... dad lives in billings so I may end up over near him Instead though

MTguy0341

Lil-Rokslider
That's a nice buck! Good luck with the breaks rifle tag, should be a fun one to hunt

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rifle breaks elk should be an awesome tag. Congratulations on a great buck

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Very nice buck. Would love to do some whitetail hunting in montana, but hard to justify the 30+ hour drive. Maybe one day.

OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

WKR
Nice! I've been wanting to come into sw Montana and do some archery white hunting.... dad lives in billings so I may end up over near him Instead though

Some great hunting on the Yellowstone for WTs in the Billings area.

OP
Gumbo

Gumbo

WKR
Very nice buck. Would love to do some whitetail hunting in montana, but hard to justify the 30+ hour drive. Maybe one day.

It is great WT hunting here, but access can be difficult. There are some good public spots scattered throughout the state if you are willing to do some recon. Honestly the public land WTs are kind of overlooked in archery season in lieu of elk.

Hesseltine32

Lil-Rokslider
Congrats that's a great buck. Think Montana is going to be my next early season trip if I draw next year.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
Nice buck, congrats! But I am pretty sure all the rest of the bucks in MT are gone now. None left, everyone just stay home....nothing to see in MT...