SD public land archery whitetail

IMG_3032.jpg
Caught this buck cruising down wind of a public land bedding area a few days ago. Was able to grunt him into 35 yards.
IMG_3035.jpg
Just amazing when a plan all comes together on a perfect morning like that was.
IMG_3042.jpg
Still sore today from that wicked pack out...Loved every step of it!!! Cant wait for his weekend to do it all again in the black hills. Best of luck to everyone else!

NebraskaStickHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Nice looking buck. There is something extra satisfying when you call in your trophy. SD public land holds some great bucks when I lived up there I didn’t want word to get out and have non residents flood the area for deer and pheasants haha. Congrats

OP
bjfoxhoven
thanks! We do have a lot of opportunity here if you look for it. Unfortunately a lot for he east river stuff is pretty saturdated with hunters, I was lucky to find this buck. I believe more people are starting to do the west river archly hunts with all the public ground and easy access to licenses. Have ran into a few Minnesota people and Iowa people the little bit I have done out there. Good luck the rest of your season.

OP
bjfoxhoven
Speaking of calling in deer. I have had way more luck with grunting than rattling. I can’t count the number of nice deer I have coaxed in with some grunts. Whereas, only a few bucks have come in rattling. Maybe it’s due to me being partial to grunting having early success with t. Or maybe I just haven’t been around many bucks in the right mood to come check it out. Thoughts?