Northern IL rut report

Phil4

Lil-Rokslider
Hunted from 11:30 until dark yesterday...saw 10 deer from noon to 1:30pm 3 does, all panting and back checking, and 7 bucks...6 small ones ranging from basket 8s to forks, one of the small 8s was running for his life from a monster (nice rack, body looked like he was on steroids) They ran by me at 8 yards but I couldn't stop them, not even sure they heard me yell over their own noise through the leaves. It honestly reminded me of watching a lion chase down a gazelle...the size deference and murderous way he was chasing him...Really cool day in the woods...gotta go to a wedding tonight out of town but back at it on Monday. If you can get out this weekend, now is the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

munsey7

FNG
Friday looked like a great day to be out in the woods. Sounds like an exciting day. Wish I coulda gotten out of work. Thanks for the report, and good luck!

Hunted from 11:30 until dark yesterday...saw 10 deer from noon to 1:30pm 3 does, all panting and back checking, and 7 bucks...6 small ones ranging from basket 8s to forks, one of the small 8s was running for his life from a monster (nice rack, body looked like he was on steroids) They ran by me at 8 yards but I couldn't stop them, not even sure they heard me yell over their own noise through the leaves. It honestly reminded me of watching a lion chase down a gazelle...the size deference and murderous way he was chasing him...Really cool day in the woods...gotta go to a wedding tonight out of town but back at it on Monday. If you can get out this weekend, now is the time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man that sounds like a helluva day, love when its like that!

I wasnt able to get out today but will be tomorrow am just north of you in WI. Hope the action is hot as im likely in for an all day sit.