156" Tennessee Buck

Saturday morning I finally sealed the deal on a buck I had been chasing for 2 seasons! I got the first trail camera picture of this deer in 2015 as a 9 point. I hunted the area he had shown himself, but never had a sighting of him. In August of 2016, he showed back up as a 9 point on camera in the same area. Again, not one sighting during the season. In February he showed up 1 time and not another picture.

PRMS0519.jpg

On Saturday morning, he slipped up and followed the wrong doe to the wrong spot! A two year adventure after this deer finally ended with only one sighting during deer season! I could not believe how much he had grown from last year to this year.

Main frame 10 point with 4 kickers. Gross scores 156 2/8" Nets 141 1/8".
IMG_4319 (2).jpgIMG_4276 (2).jpg

greentimber

Lil-Rokslider
Great buck, especially for Tennessee. This year’s rut action has been the best I’ve seen here (Gibson Co) in many years. Congrats!

OP
J
Great buck, especially for Tennessee. This year’s rut action has been the best I’ve seen here (Gibson Co) in many years. Congrats!
Thanks! Yea our rut was pretty awesome too! I got my second buck (a nice 8 point) the week of Thanksgiving and he was after a doe also!

OP
J
Thanks again guys. Stopped by my taxidermist's shop the other day to pick up some elk euro mounts for my brothers and dad and got to hold his horns again! Can't wait to get him and my bull back!