Ghost Blind

Just looking for any input anybody has on the Ghost Blind? I hunt a lot of public land in WI which means Im often a mile or two back in some tangled swamp hunting close to bedding so not only can I get away from the crowds but also have a chance at those big boys that refuse to get on their feet before the very last moment of legal light.

I have a LW set up i use a lot when im around Tamaracks big enough to get up at least 10 ft or so but I have some other spots that are just very small tamaracks about the size of my wrist smack dab in the middle of a cattail swamp. Deer sign and bedding galore in there but its strictly ground and pound in there which ends up being close encounters due to the swamp grass, thickets and lack of visibility.

I have been looking at the Ghost Blind as it seems like it would be perfect to just slide in to those types of spots and almost work anywhere if it works as advertised. The only problem is they are pretty pricey at $200, which isnt an issue if they work as advertised. However, it seems any review i find online, Youtube, etc are ALL sponsored by Ghost Blind? Cant find much from just the regular old hunters out there as to how well they work, pros and cons, etc.

If anyone has used one and could provide an honest review if theyre worth the $200 id appreciate your input, thanks!

ethan

WKR
My Dad bought one a few years back, but never really used it. I took my sister out hunting while she was visiting for thanksgiving one year. On public land, with highly pressured deer we had 4 does come in less than 10 yards. They sort of knew something was up, but never spooked. I was impressed. But with that being said, I haven’t used it since. I do think they will work in a lot of situations.

I don’t know the ghost blind. I move around a lot hunting white tails in my area and hate tree stands. I have a couple of these mad max turkey blinds:

Access Denied

I set up one or two in a “V” at the base of a tree. I mix and match with a $14 Walmart leafy cut camo blind material sheet that is 12 x 5 and Some 550 cord. Gives me a lot of flexibility to set up where I want and I can set up a pretty good hide in 5 minutes and break it down and stuff it in my Pack. I use it for ambush style deer hunts and turkey. I have had turkey walking so Dang close I thought they would come in the blind. Whitetail at 5-10 yards is not uncommon though they tend to hear or smell me and get weird.

The ghost blind looks cool but I was scared off by the price as well.

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
They are cumbersome and there's no good way to carry them. They work pretty good but I would never want to carry one over a mile into thick cover.

The mad Max blind is small but I have used it with added brush to bow hunt and would be something I'd rather carry if going in far.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jimss

WKR
I have both the shorter and taller ghost blinds. I've used them a few times for turkeys. The shorter one is a bit tough to hide behind but is a lot easier to haul around. I like the taller version better. The nice thing about the ghost blind is that it blends in no matter what terrain you are in. In fact, the 2nd tom I ever got I set up the blind in the middle of a plowed field. The group of turkeys came in with 0 hesitation. I've only used mine for turkeys. I've had a number of hens walk up to the blind and see their reflection and "purr'. Pretty wild. It would be easy to strap either blind to a pack frame. The larger one may be a little cumbersome if you have to got through thick brush/trees. The blind is only large enough to hide behind and hide you in the front 1/2. If a critter comes from behind you are screwed unless you use a bush behind you. The only time the reflection didn't work is when it rained or there was dew, frost, snow, etc. They fold up like an accordion pretty fast. It may be impossible to use them when super windy. I haven't had time to use them for antelope waterhole hunting and it would be tough with all the wind they have there.