The big 4

I was invited to hunt a great farm this fall. There is a history of big deer coming off it. One of the guys who hunts it runs cameras all over and has several pictures of this guy going back to 2012, at that time they think he was 3. He was shot at and missed twice this year, ( same guy adjoining property) once with a bow and once with a shotgun. But single digit temps brought him out one more time, I didn't miss. Turns out once ground checked, he is the big 5. Probably 8-9 years old, deep pits over his eyes, scarred up face. Very proud of him.

Q13du2Ml.jpg

9Ho9Hzfl.jpg

pUNk3Cfl.jpg

o0k391pl.jpg

OP
S
That is a cool deer. Congrats !!!

Thanks, he was a big ol boy and died at the bottom of a ravine filled with snow. It took two of us with a Jet sled and a lot of pulling, pushing, grunting, farting and cussing to get him out ! We estimated him at 220 live weight and that's post rut. 14 degrees and 20 mph wind made it all the more fun :)

gansettx

FNG
Congrats on the great buck...Maryland is a sleeper for good bucks if you can get access!

OP
S
Congrats on the great buck...Maryland is a sleeper for good bucks if you can get access!
It really is, the crutchfield buck brought a lot of notoriety to the state. I got him caped out, never thought I would mount a four but he's going to the taxidermist this afternoon

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hesseltine32

Lil-Rokslider
d3edc7b1ef71353ae32eed032b59497c.jpg
18e32cea03188997f08edb578d15c4ea.jpg

Here another big old Md 5 pointer. I hit him low last year when he came through chasing a doe. He disappeared until this summer I got pics of him. He was s six with what looked like some junk. Never got good pics of him and he didn’t hang around long. I believe he was 7 this season have pics of him for the last 5 years

OP
S
d3edc7b1ef71353ae32eed032b59497c.jpg
18e32cea03188997f08edb578d15c4ea.jpg

Here another big old Md 5 pointer. I hit him low last year when he came through chasing a doe. He disappeared until this summer I got pics of him. He was s six with what looked like some junk. Never got good pics of him and he didn’t hang around long. I believe he was 7 this season have pics of him for the last 5 years
Very nice ! Are you in Southern Maryland? I'm in Calvert

Hesseltine32

Lil-Rokslider
Pg has some big deer if you can get a spot to hunt. I have a friend in Manchester in Carrol and have hunted that area a few times.

Yeah PG has some pretty good deer but access can be difficult and lots of trespassers and poachers.

Just moved to Carroll this fall haven’t hunted here yet but seen some decent deer while driving around at night. Like to get a few places closer to home and for Sunday hunting.

Tom_

Lil-Rokslider
Some nice old Md. bucks for sure.SuperKodiak38, congratulations on your kill !