Early Season NW Kansas Hunt ?s

PAbow84

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone hunted Units 1, 2, or 3 in NW Kansas during the early ML/Archery season before crops are down? Or Units 17 and 18?

I make the trip across the country every year to hunt Kansas on Public ground. I either go early with the Muzzleloader or bow hunt the rut in November. I was lucky enough to draw a mule deer tag last year and hunted the NW part of the state for the first time. We weren't looking hard, but we didn't see hardly any whitetail. The ones that we did see were all doe. I'm trying to figure out where to put in this year and my dad would like to take a shot at a ML mule deer tag. I'd hate to both end up with whitetail tags (which would be the most likely outcome, there were only 14 NR tags for where I drew) and then not have decent whitetail hunting. Has anyone hunted any of these areas in September and have any insight into the whitetail hunting? I'm not necessarily looking for specifics (I will take specifics if you want to share lol) but just general areas etc. I've never stepped foot in the SW portion of state but I would consider hunting Units 17 and 18 as well. Until last year, I always hunted the eastern part of the state but just love the scenery the further west I go.

PM me if you don't want to post anything public.