2017/Early 2018 Coues Pics

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
Know this is a traditional Whitetail thread, but living in the SW we get fever over those Coues bucks. Anyone have any great pics or stories? Would love to see and read about it!

Sean MX Buck 2018.jpg

Maverick940

Banned
Here's a short tale:

Had a client this last winter during a rifle hunt. Great time, but didn't kill. Saw some fantastic bucks, but was holding out for a truly huge one. Remote country, coyotes barking most mornings before day light, unusually hot weather, plenty of deer and some really nice bucks, good camaraderie with a client, eyes bugging out from binocular use (lol), yada, yada, yada. Good times.

Maverick

OP
PONYBOY

PONYBOY

Lil-Rokslider
I know that feeling when you get to the point of everything going out of focus because you have been pounding the glass so long.. Stick with it long enough though and they seem to come out!! Can't wait...

Maverick940

Banned
Congrats on a great buck. This is a hunt I keep thinking more and more about doing.

You should go for it. You won't regret it. One of the clients I had last year hemmed and hawed about it for a few years and then finally decided to book a hunt and apply for a permit. Of course, he drew the first year he applied. We did a 9-day rifle hunt. He was immediately hooked and decided to book another rifle hunt for this coming year. It's pretty addicting stuff. I remember becoming addicted to Coues whitetails back in the mid 1970's when no one was hunting them. Back then and into the 1980's, we could kill two per person, per regulatory year. Nowadays everyone seems to be raving about them and hunting them (lol). you should go for it.