Planning A WV Mountain Bow Hunt

ColeKira

FNG
I'm planning a hunt for this fall in one of the bow only counties of southern WV. I'm about a 4 hour drive and will be scouting some spots in the next few weeks. Interested in any advice I can get. I'm not scared of getting as far away from any roads as possible.
So far I'm thinking about packing a stand and sticks with a Mystery Ranch Pop Up 18. Most likely I will try to secure a camping spot at one of the state parks or WMA's. What are my best chances of being away from any crowds? Any advice is appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
your in luck, i grew up in mcdowell county and can point you in the right direction if mcdowell is on your list, send me a pm for more info. I know a WMA that is good and also a state forest, i can darn near give u GPS locations on the forest

Good luck, if I didn't have a full plate this fall I would see about joining you. I have made several scouting trips over the last few years to those bow only counties with intentions of hunting, but it has just never panned out. It is some rugged country and deer densities are low, but it would be a fun trip. I will dig through my GPS files and see if I can find some places I marked that intrigued me.

OP
C

ColeKira

FNG
Good luck, if I didn't have a full plate this fall I would see about joining you. I have made several scouting trips over the last few years to those bow only counties with intentions of hunting, but it has just never panned out. It is some rugged country and deer densities are low, but it would be a fun trip. I will dig through my GPS files and see if I can find some places I marked that intrigued me.

I appreciate any info. Marriage, children and work come first so any help is welcomed.