What State?

norman1wv

FNG
I would have to say West Virginia but I'm biased. Logan county been archery only for at least my whole lifetime and im nearly 50yrs old. Don't know of any public hunting in county, but what I like to do is when firearm season opens, hunt the border of firearm vs archery counties in hopes some firearm virgin deer will cross over from archery to gun. Personaly I could give permisson to hunt some prime locations.

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
Missouri is otc and has lots of public. Im not sure what OTC looks like in Nebraska but that would be my first choice if they have them. Ran into a lot of muleys and whitetails out by Chadron

The Missouri river through SD is almost all dammed up into big long lakes, and those lakes are all most all surrounded by corp of engineers (public) land on each side.

I'd take a walleye boat and troll for walleyes, whitebass, smallies, cats, etc. all day with my binos on the draws points and rims above the lake.

Those deer feed in the ag lands above all night and retreat to the corp lands to bed.

See a nice deer put the stalk on,... gets dark pull up in a cove, throw out some cat lines, and camp for the evening.

First Class Adventure

HP-.jpg

Glendon Mullins

Hillbilly Moderator
Staff member
I would have to say West Virginia but I'm biased. Logan county been archery only for at least my whole lifetime and im nearly 50yrs old. Don't know of any public hunting in county, but what I like to do is when firearm season opens, hunt the border of firearm vs archery counties in hopes some firearm virgin deer will cross over from archery to gun. Personaly I could give permisson to hunt some prime locations.

Isn't Tomblin WMA in Logan county now? i could mistaken